Are you trying to improve your quality of life and build equity in your home at the same time? There’s lots of untapped value to be explored right in your living room.
Remodeling your living room can give you an 86% return on investment (ROI) depending on the kind of work that you get done. When you figure out some living room remodel tips that work, you’ll love where you live and will be better able to address the project step by step.
These tips will help you get the living room remodel that you’re looking for.
1. Have a “Why” for the Living Room Remodel
Never tackle a living room makeover without knowing why you’re doing it. Understanding the value you’d like to extract from the project will help with your decision-making.
Here are a few of the main reasons that people spruce up their living rooms:
- It makes their home a better place to relax, unwind, and entertain company
- The equity makes the home a winner in the rental or sales market
- There are several comfort and aesthetic choices that you can put into play
Begin exploring the perks of having a brand new living room so that you can move in the right direction.
2. Deep Dive Into Living Room Makeover Ideas
Once you’re clear on why you need a living room remodel, it’s time to kick around ideas. Do some research to pick up quality tips for living room remodel projects.
Here are a few of the remodeling choices you can make:
- Installing hardwood floors made from cherry wood, pine, or cedar
- Changing out your windows for beautiful bay windows or installing a skylight
- Switching to LED lights, smart home automation systems, and other eco-friendly and high-tech choices
- Going with a different color scheme, such as pastels, vibrant spring colors, or neutral hues
- Buying brand new furniture
Your living room will be filled with personality and character when you take a detailed approach to each step. Check out some interior design podcasts that feature experts who break down different types of remodels that you can explore.
3. Speak to Remodelers and Suppliers
Professionals can teach you how to remodel your living room or can tackle the project for you. Reach out to living room experts that have extensive portfolios of successful renovations they’ve completed. Ask to see a list of verifiable references, and make sure that they have a Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile.
Find out what suppliers they use to make sure that the craftsmanship matches the aesthetic appeal. This will help your home hold value over the years and will prevent you from getting unnecessary repair work. Once you speak to some pros, have them give you a quote in writing.
Expect your living room remodel to cost you about $7,300 and up. Stick to your budget and explore your refinancing options to make sure you can afford it all.
Address Your Next Big Project
A living room remodel takes time, effort, and the right information. Your world and the place you live will be filled with love and imagination when you handle this project with care. Use these three tips and don’t hesitate to kick around options with professionals.
Check out our other articles whenever you’re ready to get the most value out of your home.