Manual therapy is a conservative non-drug treatment method. A doctor – a chiropractor – directly, with the help of his hands (hence the name: manus in Latin means “hand, hand”) acts on muscle tissues, spine, joints, ligamentous apparatus. Indirectly, the effect affects the blood vessels and nerve endings. The techniques used by the chiropractor are aimed at restoring the configuration of the articular surfaces, removing “clamps,” and normalizing muscle tone. As a result, tissues relax, tissue nutrition is normalized, and metabolism improves. The body’s own capabilities are stimulated.
What is manual therapy?
Manual therapy is a combination of methods of mechanical action on the human body. Its essence lies in the deep study of muscles, ligaments, joints, vertebrae, and intervertebral discs with the help of hands. Due to this effect, the following therapeutic effect can be achieved in the treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system:
● Relieve muscle tension, increase muscle tone;
● Get rid of pain syndrome;
● Strengthen the muscle corset;
● Eliminate pinching of nerves, blood vessels;
● Restore mobility and elasticity of joints, vertebrae;
● To correct the hernia;
● Eliminate or reduce the deformity of the spine;
● Improve blood circulation, nutrition of intervertebral discs.
The advantage of manual therapy is that it treats a large number of diseases, including chronic ones:
● Herniated intervertebral discs;
● Scoliosis, kyphosis, lordosis;
● Arthrosis, arthritis;
● Humeral periarthritis;
● Sciatic nerve neuralgia;
● Tunnel syndrome;
● Muscle-tonic syndrome.
Without drugs and invasive procedures, the Chiropractor Hilliard, Ohio, creates favorable conditions for natural tissue repair and elimination of deformation, thereby eliminating pain and other unpleasant sensations.
Benefits of Manual Therapy Treatment:
● Gradual reduction of chronic pain syndrome;
● Muscle relaxation, normalization of muscle tone;
● Restoration of the elasticity of the vertebrae and their anatomical location;
● Stimulation of lymph and blood flow, metabolism;
● Improvement of the body;
● Normalization of the functioning of internal organs;
● Improving the emotional state.
Manual therapy is a subtle science, and you need to have a wealth of experience and knowledge so as not to cross the line between benefit and harm. One wrong move can lead to adverse consequences, so you need to be treated by an experienced doctor with specialized medical education and good patient reviews. Such a specialist works in the Abundant You Chiropractic & Wellness clinic. He selects all treatment methods individually for each patient, considering his age, existing complaints, and concomitant diseases.
A Chiropractors Bundoora from the Abundant You Chiropractic & Wellness, without surgery and other invasive procedures, achieves good results in treating chronic pain caused by various spine diseases. In addition to the main therapy, the doctor may prescribe additional therapeutic methods. For example, you need to engage in physiotherapy exercises to strengthen the muscle corset.
● Headaches, dizziness, ringing, and tinnitus;
● Decreased concentration, memory impairment;
● Visual impairment ;
● Pain in various parts of the spine;
● Limited joint mobility;
● Muscle weakness;
● Painful sensations in the chest, shortness of breath;
● Pain in the pelvic region;
● Stiffness and pain in the limbs, etc.
An incompetent specialist can cause irreparable harm to your health, which is why you need to pay attention to the factors that signal unprofessionalism. Namely:
● An abundance of marketing gimmicks. If you are invited to a free promotional “therapeutic massage with elements of manual therapy,” – be wary. Pseudo-specialists often have success from a financial point of view but do not take responsibility for a possible negative result.
● Lack of diagnostics. If you are ready to prescribe the treatment without a diagnosis, do not agree, the consequences can be severe.
● Unwillingness to confirm expertise. A doctor’s experience is essential – the more practice, the more sensitive the doctor’s hands are. Of course, theoretical knowledge is also important, and higher medical education is a necessary base.
We only work with certified professionals who can confirm their education and practice. All conditions for comprehensive diagnostics are provided, and sessions are held in well-equipped manual therapy rooms.
Abundant You Chiro gives tremendous results in treating musculoskeletal system diseases, and it is many times more effective than massage and other physiotherapy methods. Patients with chronic vertebrogenic diseases manage to refuse the constant intake of painkillers, significantly improving the spine’s mobility and quality of life. However, such results can be achieved only after several courses of treatment with a professional. Contact the Abundant You Chiropractic & Wellness to get qualified help from a chiropractor.