“Invest in your hair; it is the crown you never take off!”
This oft-repeated line has the beacon of hope that most people suffering from hair thinning or hair loss have been looking for. Statistically speaking, there are several people around the world who are suffering from hair loss over the course of years. The root cause of such hair loss is mostly genetic and the condition is called Androgenetic Alopecia, while aspects such as the exposure to pollution, harmful rays of the sun, and stress act as added elements that aggravate the condition. With the number of cases with the same issue cropping up every day increasing, the solutions for the same go up as well.
There are several companies, typically dealing with cosmetics, making products that claim to provide a solution for the same at affordable rates. Needless to say, the low cost of the oils, shampoos, or hair masks, make people opt for such solutions. However, the results of them are temporary and more often than not also include side-effects and more hair fall instead. This makes the patient weary of trying any other option and leaves them with low self-esteem and confidence.
This is where we go back and refer to the quote mentioned in the first line of this write up that mentions the hair to be a crown which we should take proper care of. What do we do when the jewels of your crown fall? We do our best to collect them and attach them to the roots, right? Similarly, an excellent and permanent solution to the problem is what we all need and that comes in the form of a hair transplant surgery.
What is Hair Transplant Surgery?
Scientifically speaking, a hair transplant surgery is a technique used to remove healthy hair follicles from one part of the body and implanting them to the balding site. The two words used to define these two areas are the – donor and the recipient. The donor site is from where the follicles are being extracted and the recipient is typically the balding site where the implantation happens. As a minimally invasive procedure, this is used to restore beard, moustache, eyelashes, eyebrows, chest hair, and even pubic hair along with the hair on your scalp.
Now, as you visit an experienced hair transplant doctor in Faridabad for your treatment, you will be first taken through a Trichoscopy Analysis. The aspects of your hair determined from this completely computerized software-based analysis include:
- The number of grafts present in your head
- The number of grafts out of them that can be taken out from there
- The area to be covered during the hair transplant procedure in square centimetres
- The density required to reach the desired results
- The number of grafts that will be required to meet the density level
Once this analysis is complete, the doctor prepares a customized treatment plan for each patient and that mentions the type of procedure to be performed on him or her. Each of these techniques has its importance and can work together to provide the best for the patient. Some of the most common procedures used by the professionals to perform hair transplant surgery include:
- FUT: Also known as strip surgery or the Linear Excision Method, in this technique, a strip of healthy hair-bearing scalp is taken from the back of the head (the safe donor area). Once the strip has been taken out, the ends are stitched in a Trichofiblic closure so that the hair grows around the scar. The strip is then taken under a microscope and slivered into single follicular units that are ready to be implanted to the pre-made slit in the recipient site.
- FUE: An acronym for Follicular Unit Excision, this procedure is slightly different from the FUT. In this technique, the follicular units are directly extracted from the donor site using a low-RPM low-torque punch excision device. The extracted follicular units are then implanted to the recipient site and don’t leave any linear scars.
The doctors performing the surgery often combine both the techniques to perform a FUT+FUE procedure which includes the best of both worlds. Some of the other types of techniques performed at the best hair transplant clinic in Faridabad include body hair transplant, special area transplant, unshaven hair transplant, long hair transplant and a repair hair transplant.
What are the Stages of Hair Growth?
Once the surgery is complete, the patient in a few days undergoes what is known as the shock loss. This means that the transplanted hair is at the last stage of the hair growth cycle before returning to the beginning from where it starts growing according to the natural cycle. An interesting part to note is that not all hair on the scalp is at only one phase at one time. The phases of hair growth include:
- Anagen: The first stage of hair loss or the Anagen phase is the longest that lasts for around three to five years. Here, the hair follicles are pushing out the hair that is about to grow until they reach the end of their lifespan. At any time, around 90% of the hair on the head is in this phase.
- Catagen: Also known as the transition phase, this starts when the Anagen phase ends and lasts for around ten days. During this stage, the follicles shrink, and the hair growth is slower. The hair then separates from the bottom of the hair follicle and remains there during the final days of growth. At any time, around 5% of the hair is in this phase.
- Telogen: The final stage, this resting period lasts for around three months. At any time, around 10% of the hair on your head is in this phase. During this stage, the hair doesn’t grow but don’t fall out either. This is when the new hair starts forming in the follicles, and the cycle of Anagen-Catagen-Telogen repeats itself.
You also undergo an Exogen phase that is an extension to the Telogen stage. Here, hair is shed from the scalp while you are brushing it or washing it. If the hair loss during this time is more than a few, you will know that you are suffering from a hair fall or thinning condition.
It is suggested for you to visit the best hair transplant doctor in Faridabad for the surgery, should you want the best results out of the procedure. Twachaa by Saraswat™ is one such clinic that is run by two of the most reputable hair transplant surgeons in India, Dr Satya Saraswat and Dr Preeti Saraswat. With over seventeen years of experience in the field, the doctors are certified by the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS).
Hair loss can result in affecting the self-confidence of a lot of people, and knowing the exact causes and solution to the same is crucial for a better life ahead. In case you are up for discussing the condition with professionals in the field and want a consultation, feel free to get in touch with the experts today! Dial +91-9205252523 or write to email@example.com.