GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is considered as one of the challenging entrance Exams conducted in the field of engineering.
It is conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore and several Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) once in a year. GATE exam tests the conceptual knowledge of undergraduate subjects in engineering and science. After scoring in the GATE exam there are several opportunities in the hand of aspirants to persist a career for M.Tech. through reputed institutions of India or can relish the opportunities in PSU’s.
Most of the students think that clearing the GATE exam in the first attempt is the most challenging. And it is true a little bit that every year the number of GATE aspiring students are getting increasing making the competition tougher. Also, the negative marking system makes GATE deadlier.
But in this article, we are going to cover how to overcome with this myth set up by social misconceptions among students. Here in this article, we will be focusing on guiding you to build effective strategies for your GATE exam preparation.
Challenges for GATE aspirants
The student who is in the final year of their graduation may face some challenges as they have to focus parallelly on semester subjects and projects along with the GATE preparation.
So, it may get difficult for them to manage time out of this to prepare for the GATE exam. Also, the passed-out candidates feel more confused and feel freight to choose the right path for the future. Though the candidates who considered cracking GATE as his goals do not complicate his target with such struggling factors.
Prerequisites for GATE preparation
Before stepping towards the path for GATE preparation, there are some initial imperatives which aspirants should be equipped with to strengthen the knowledge.
• Some of the candidates believe that to score well in the GATE exam requires a lot of time for the preparation but eventually six months well-planned preparation can lead you to the topper’s list of the GATE candidates.
• Before starting the actual preparation, it is advised to understand each subject for that Candidates should go through the GATE syllabus carefully.
• Start collecting the last 15 previous year papers for GATE which would help you out in understanding the pattern and to understand the level of difficulty of the questions asked in GATE.
• Prefer standard books for each subject as most of the time GATE exam questions are directly linked to questions from such textbooks.
• Analyze previous year GATE papers and categorize the subjects according to maximum and minimum weightage.
· Refer coaching notes if you have joined Best Online GATE Coaching Referring to these books source, you to find shortcuts and tricks which apparently would save time and put you forward in the competition.