The Sims 4 is a 2014 social simulation game developed by Maxis and published by Electronic Arts. It is the fourth major title in The Sims series, and is the sequel to The Sims 3 (2009). The Sims 4 was announced on May 6, 2013, and released in September 2014 for Microsoft Windows; versions for PlayStation 4, and Xbox One were subsequently released in 2017.
The Sims 4 ipa focuses on its improved character creation and house building tools, as well as deeper in-game simulation with the new emotion and personality systems for Sims. The Sims 4 has received many paid downloadable content packs since its release. Eleven expansion packs and twelve “game packs” have been released. The most recent expansion pack is Cottage Living, released on July 22, 2021. Additionally, many free updates have been released throughout the game’s lifespan that include major features and additions to the game, such as the addition of swimming pools, character customization options, and terrain tools.
The game received mixed reviews upon its release, with the majority of criticism directed towards its lack of content and missing features compared to previous entries in the series.
Development of The Sims 4 apk began as an online multiplayer title, under the working title of “Olympus”.It was planned to incorporate online multiplayer game play, as part of publisher Electronic Arts’s (EA) plan to release more online multiplayer titles. EA labels president Frank Gibeau stated in 2012, “I have not green-lit one game to be developed as a single player experience. Today, all of our games include online applications and digital services that make them live 24/7/365.
However, these plans were changed after the negative launch reception of SimCity in March 2013, also developed by Maxis, which was plagued with widespread technical and game play problems related to the game’s mandatory network connection. As a result, development for The Sims 4 pivoted back to a single-player title. The switch in format occurred relatively late in development – an alternate version of the promotional site leaked in August 2013 indicated that online functions were still present and remnants of this planned online functionality remain in the game’s files. An internet connection is only required during the initial installation process, for game activation with an Origin account.
Features of The Sims 4
Unleash your imagination and create a world of Sims that’s wholly unique. Explore and customize every detail from Sims to homes and much more. Choose how Sims look, act and dress. Determine how they’ll live out each day.
- Design and build incredible homes for every family, then decorate with your favorite furnishings and décor. Travel to different neighborhoods where you can meet other Sims and learn about their lives.
- Discover beautiful locations with distinctive environments, and go on spontaneous adventures. Manage the ups and downs of Sims’ everyday lives, and see what happens when you play out realistic or fantastical scenarios. Tell your stories your way while developing relationships, pursuing careers and life aspirations and immersing yourself in an extraordinary game where the possibilities are endless.
- Create Unique Sims — A variety of Sims are yours to shape and mold, each with distinct appearances, dynamic personalities and inspiring aspirations. Use powerful customization features to bring your imagination to life. Create yourself, your favorite celebrities, your fantasy or your friends! Change your Sims’ clothing to reflect your mood. Give your Sims depth and purpose with quirky traits and great ambitions.
- Build the Perfect Home — Design the ideal homes for your Sims using Build Mode. Construct the home of your dreams by planning the layout, choosing furnishings and altering the landscape and terrain. You can even add a pool, basement and garden. Hate what you’ve done with the place? Scrap it and rebuild effortlessly with new ideas and designs.
- Explore Vibrant Worlds — Your Sims can visit new communities to expand their social circle, hang out with friends or throw unforgettable parties.
- Play with Life — Your choices shape every aspect of your Sims’ lives, from birth to adulthood. Along the way, develop skills, pursue hobbies, find your Sims’ calling, start new families and much more.
Discover A Community of Creators — Use the Gallery to find inspiration from a network of players just like you, where you can add content to your game or share your own creations. Download, like and comment on your favorite Sims, homes and fully designed rooms. Join the community and join the fun!