Thinking of a solution to export lotus Notes database attachments to Outlook and not able to get the appropriate solution for the same? No worries, the blog is here to help you out and provide effective method to execute “how to open Lotus Notes email in Outlook”.
Common Reasons of Lotus Notes to Outlook Migration
Importing database from one email application to another is becoming a trend day by day among organizations, individuals and professionals. Budgetary, individual preferences, change in business need and data management issues are few common reasons behind email conversion. Undoubtedly, Lotus Notes is a great email application but Outlook is more popular and preferred as far as users are concerned. It is easy to use and delivers better security and data management facility.
Overview of Lotus Notes & Outlook
Lotus Notes and Outlook has similar functionality but stores database in different file types. Lotus Notes uses NSF extension for keeping all its folder items whereas Outlook make use of PST file type for the same. Thus, in order to open Lotus Notes email in Outlook, a user need to convert NSF to PST. Moreover, if a user tries to open NSF file in Outlook, an error will appear because Outlook only allows PST file to open. Now, start further by discussing the solution of how to export Lotus Notes database attachments to Outlook.
How to Open Lotus Notes Email in Outlook?
The process to import emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook in order to open Lotus Notes email in Outlook can be performed by either using manual method or CubexSoft NSF to PST Converter Tool. Let us continue first by implementing the process manually.
Note: Take backup of NSF file first and make sure that you close all running apps.
Method 1. Manual Method to Open Lotus Notes Email in Outlook
The manual method is categorized into two steps:
- Exporting NSF file from IBM Notes
- Import Exported Notes NSF File in Outlook
Exporting NSF File from IBM Notes
- Run IBM Notes email client and open .nsf file.
- Move to File; click Export to open Export Wizard.
- Choose location to save file that you need to export.
- Select option of Comma Separated Value in Save as type.
- Provide name for exported NSF file and hit Export.
Import Exported Notes NSF File in Outlook
- Open Outlook email app on the system.
- Move to File and select Import.
- After Import and Export Wizard opens, select Import from another program or file and hit Next.
- Choose Comma Separated Value (Windows) option.
- Navigate to location of exported NSF file and click option of Replace duplicate with items imported.
- Select required folder to import exported file and hit Next. The import process will start immediately.
- Once the process is finished, click on Finish.
With the help of steps, a user manually export emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook. However, the procedure
is implementable but possessed with limitations. Some of them are discussed below:
- Takes a lot of time and effort of users.
- Not able to perform unlimited import process in single time.
- Technical skills are a must.
- Knowledge of Lotus Notes and Outlook is mandatory.
- Complete accuracy is not guaranteed.
- Data loss risk is included.
Thus, to overcome these issues, experts introduced direct and trouble-free NSF Converter Software. Lot of tools are available for the same, but it is necessary to choose a secure and reliable solution that can give data accuracy as well as capable to perform unlimited migration at one time.
Some Related Query:
Query 1: “Hello everyone. Recently I have become concerned about the safety of my online data. The reason behind this concern is because of the ransomware attacks all over the world. As a backup option, I would like to export Lotus Notes database attachments to Outlook. Thus, one can save NSF data file as PST format and print them so that my Lotus Notes data will get backed up with a hard copy. Kindly tell me how to convert Lotus Notes emails to Outlook?”
Query 2: “Recently I have come across some NSF files. I knew that these files can be open and read in Lotus Notes. But, I do not have Lotus Notes installed on my system. So, I want to convert NSF files to PST. Thus I will be able to open those NSF files without Outlook, but I do not know how to convert NSF to PST. Can anyone suggest me an easy way?”
Method 2. CubexSoft NSF to PST Converter – Best and Recommended Solution
NSF to PST Converter is an effective utility to batch import emails, contacts and calendars from Lotus Notes to Outlook with attachments without loss of data. The application includes simple and easy to understand user-friendly interface so that all kind of professionals and home users can use the operational steps to open Lotus Notes emails in Outlook. NSF to PST Converter allows batch conversion of NSF file to PST at one time without altering data originality and folder structure.
Software Working Steps to Instantly Convert Multiple NSF Files to Outlook
Follow the steps and check the process of how to export Lotus Notes database attachments to Outlook:
- Download and Open NSF Converter on Windows machine.
- Go to Select File(s) and load NSF file by clicking on Select File or Select Folder button.
- The software starts scanning of NSF file and lists all the associated items on the left pane.
- Click on the required item to view the associated data in the Preview window.
- Now, click on Export and select Export to PST.
- Hit the Browse button and choose the destination path where you want to import the NSF file.
- Apply sub-options to save resultant PST file as per need i.e. Split PST, Email Address Translation, Filters, and more.
- Click on Export to start the process.
- After the process is completed, a message will appear on the screen “Process Completed Successfully”. Click OK and exit.
The steps will help in importing emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook accurately. By following the steps correctly, one can get the solution of how to import emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook. Moreover, the resultant file will be provided with exact folder structure and formatting properties.
Advance Benefits of NSF to PST Converter Tool:
- With this converter tool, you can export Lotus Notes database attachments to multiple file formats such as PST, PDF, MSG, MBOX, EML, Office 365, Gmail, Exchange Server, Outlook.com, Yahoo Mail, IMAP, etc.
- This application provides batch mode functionality for user’s benefits that supports numerous NSF file migration in a single click.
- It migrates all types of items like- emails, contacts, notes, tasks, journals, etc.
- With this method, data loss or corruption problems can’t arise. This application gives a safe migration procedure.
- Users can also avail of preview services.
- Advanced option is available for splitting Outlook PST files.
- MS Outlook installation is not necessary for the conversion process.
- Lotus Notes application installation is required for the process.
- It is applicable on all Windows and Lotus Notes editions.
Free Demo Facility of Software
Download the free demo of the application that allows to import first 20 files of emails, contacts, calendar and other items from Lotus Notes to Outlook free of cost. Moreover, the process can be evaluated for NSF to Office 365, Exchange Server, Gmail, G Suite, and more. You can also use this demo facility for the evaluation purpose of complete software.
The Concluding Words
Keeping all the explanations in this article, I would like to recommend you to try CubexSoft NSF Export software to solve the problem of how to export Lotus Notes database attachments to Outlook within a few simple steps.