Are you facing a “the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource unavailable” error frequently while uninstalling or installing the Program on your Windows operating system?
If yes, then you are in the right place, many users are facing this network resource unavailable error while installing or uninstalling the applications. This error is very irritating, we cannot install or uninstall any application and we can’t figure out what’s wrong with the system. The error message tells us to try again or change the location of the problem causing Applications. But still, it’s not worth it for you.
But luckily, you can fix this error by checking the running status of the Installer service, Delete The Specific Registry Key, or running the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter. For detailed instructions, read this blog to the end. Before troubleshooting the network unavailable Windows 10 problem, let’s see What is Network Resource Unavailable Error? What are the reasons behind the error in Windows 10?
What is Network Resource Unavailable Error?
There are lots of ways to update your software from time to time but they all end with this Network Resource Unavailable Error. If you want to uninstall or install any application on your device, the following error message appears:
“The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable“. Click OK to try again, or enter path to folder containing the installation package…
It means that you can not install or uninstall any application. The error message insists you press OK, and then it will retry the installation/uninstallation process again. Or the error message asks you to manually type the path of the folder that you want to install/uninstall.
Luckily, you can fix this error but before that, let’s discuss some common causes behind this error.
What Causes Network Resource Unavailable Error?
They are lots of Reasons behind this Network Resource Unavailable Error. Let’s see some common Causes given below:
- If you are installing a corrupted application on your PC
- If your Windows update is Missing
- If an application’s original installation files are missing from the original location
- If the Windows Installer service is corrupted
How to fix “Feature You are Trying to Use is on a Network Resource that is Unavailable”?
here are the most effective and well-tested solutions to fix the “Feature You are Trying to Use is on a Network Resource that is Unavailable” error. So, follow the below given instruction one by one until you fix the error:
Method 1: Check the running status of the Windows Installer service
In the first method, I will suggest you check the Windows installer service’s running state. Windows installer service is important for the installation and updating of the application on Windows 10. If the service fails to work or gets stuck, then you will encounter a network resource unavailable error.
So, you have to ensure whether your Windows installer service is not working properly. so, follow the below-given steps to check the installer service is working or not:
- First, click on the Windows + R key together, to open the Run dialogue box.
- Now on the dialogue box, type the text “services.msc” and then click on the enter button.
- Windows Services manager will open, click on the list of available services on the Windows PC.
- Now you have to select and right-click on the Windows Installer service.
- Click on the context menu.
- In the front of the startup type option, you have to select Automatic from the dropdown menu.
- On the service section, change the Service status from Stopped to Start. If the service section is already in the start mode, then skip this point.
- Click on the Apply
- Click on the OK button.
- Now, switch off the Services
- After that Restart your PC.
When you start your computer, simply install/uninstall the application that addresses this issue. After that, check if the operation was successful.
METHOD 2: Delete The Specific Registry Key
In this second method in order to fix the Network unavailable in Windows 10, you can delete the Registry Key of the application. Also, many users confirmed that repairing the system registry errors help them to fix the error.
To do this, follow the instructions below:
- First, click on the Windows + R key together, to open the Run dialogue box.
- Now in the dialogue box type regedit.
- A registry editor dialogue box will open.
- From the left side of the registry editor, search the below-given directory:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Classes > Installer
- On the right side of the registry editor, double click on the Products under the installer key.
After that, you have to click one by one on the sub-keys present under the Products key, in order to show the contents on the right side of the Registry Editor.
Now, check the Product Name registry string [REG_SZ] for all the sub-key under the Product key for example Value Data contains the program name for the specific registry key is used.
You should then Continue with the until which you get from the sub-key related to the program from which you are facing trouble to uninstalling/installing problem.
After obtaining the sub-key related to the offending program, follow the below-given instructions:
- Right-click on the sub-key and click on the Delete option to delete it.
- A pop-up box will appear, Click on the Yes button, for confirmation.
- After deletion of the Sub-key close the opened Registry Editor.
- Now, restart your Windows PC.
- At the time of restarting your Windows PC, do not forget to run the installer package for uninstallation/installation of the problem-causing program. Through this, you can check “The Feature you are Trying to Use is on a Network Resource that is Unavailable” problem is fixed or not.
METHOD 3: Run The Program Install And Uninstall Troubleshooter
Microsoft knows that lots of users face the problem while installing and uninstalling the application in almost the full version of the Windows operating system.
To ignore this problem, Microsoft comes with a wonderful feature Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter for Windows. The main purpose of this wonderful Tool is to fix several issues that appear while installation or uninstallation the application on the Windows PC.
Here are the instructions from which you can run the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter:
- First, you have to download the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter from the official website of Microsoft.
- Wait till the troubleshooter tool successfully gets downloaded.
- After downloading the troubleshooter tool, double-click on the folder to execute it.
- Now you have to follow all the instructions carefully to run the troubleshooter.
- This powerful troubleshooter tool will detect and repair the problem like a corrupted registry key, damaged values and so on. Mainly those registries keys uninstall the old application and install the new application, without an error message.
- After completing the execution of the Application Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter, you have to restart your Windows PC.
After restarting your PC, try to uninstall or install the problematic application. This time, your network unavailability issue in Windows 10 will be completely resolved.
After reading this detailed blog, you will able to fix the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable Windows 10 error without any problem.
All the above solutions are well tested and easy to use. Follow the instruction carefully and fix network resource unavailable errors.
Apart from this, if you have any questions regarding this topic then share with us in the comments section. If you like this blog, then do like and share this post with your friends.