What Is Considered To Be A Plumbing Emergency?
There are various scenarios that can be defined as a plumbing emergency. When you see the issues regarding your pipelines or plumbings have become more severe than normal, it’s time to call an emergency plumber like from Emergency Plumber Fremantle to look at it. A plumbing emergency might include clogged drains or breakage of pipes.
What Are Some Of The Widespread Plumbing Emergencies?
Here are some of the most common plumbing emergencies–
- Clogged toilets that are overflowing: Our bathrooms have the maximum amount of plumbing fixtures installed in them, so it is pronounced to have significant issues over here and having clogged toilets is one of them. It can be caused by flushing non-flushable items or flushing something much more prominent in size. As a result, the toilet is clogged; it refuses to flush and overflows. It is best to fix an overflowing toilet as soon as possible to avoid any wastewater damage.
- Leaking Faucets: Having a leaky faucet and listening to it all night long is not something very terrific, and also, it would increase your water bill. It usually happens to old faucets because the parts wear out and loosen over time. If you avoid this problem, it might lead to waterlogging in rooms, moulds over tiles, and rust.
- Clogged sink basins: When you notice the water level rises way above standard when you run the faucet in your sink, it’s a sign of a clogged sink. A severe clog would completely block the passing of any water, causing overflowing of the sink. Usually, they get unclogged with a plunger or a drain snake. If this isn’t working, it is better to have professionals called from Emergency Plumber Fremantle. Clogged sinks have a severe impact on daily activities like cooking and cleaning.
- Water heater’s leaking: With time, water heaters become more prone to leaks and drips. If there is a puddle of water below the heater, or you see water dripping from the surrounding pipes, it’s most likely a leakage in the water heater. With water leaking, your water bills can rise higher.
Determining the exact issue would help us tell if the heater can be repaired or if it needs to be replaced, but if your heater is over ten years old or has extensive rust, then replacement is the best option. You must hire a professional to deal with this issue as electricity is involved, which might lead to an electric fire. You should not avoid such matters under any circumstances.
- Burst Pipes: They are a common issue, especially during winters. The main reason behind the pipes bursting is the increased pressure inside the lines. When water freezes, it expands in winters, which exerts higher pressure on the pipe walls and leads to cracks or breakage. Apart from old pipes, rusty pipes have chances of bursting too. If you notice wet patches or hear a loud sound, you must contact the professionals immediately.
There were a few common problems, and our specialized professionals at Expand Group would help you understand the issues and protect your homes from any form of water damage.