Are you wondering about Kangaroos or your brilliant future? You must be thinking about studying abroad. Who doesn’t want to?
Studying abroad is the fancy dream of every next student in India. And definitely, Australia is a fascinating place. Isn’t it?
The impeccable education practice along with the wonderful weather presents Australia as an exemplary country for everyone who is looking for a dream life.
Well, there is a great deal to know and understand if you want to Study in Australia. This is a guideline for you if you want to hop on a flight and land on this beautiful island.
In Favor of Studying in Australia
- A valuable degree appreciated across the world
- Cost effectiveness as compared to US and UK
- Easy visa process
- World-class universities
- Outstanding job opportunities
- Classy lifestyle
- Extensive assortment of subjects
- Study Abroad Scholarship Options
- Work while you study
- Language, not a barrier
- Work hard and play hard culture
Everything starts with your Student Visa. Below mentioned details cover all the important information you need to get your student visa without hassle.
Let’s begin –
Student Visa Australia – Crucial For Your Promising Future
Basically, the beautiful land of Australia permits any Indian student to study over there, however, the student must have a student visa as a precondition.
Although the type of visa you require largely depends upon your age, the course you want to accomplish, and the duration of your course, the most common type of visa you are likely to have as an international student is – student visa (subclass 500).
Let’s understand what is this –
Student Visa (Subclass 500)
The student visa (subclass 500) allows you to reside in Australia for a time duration that is equivalent to the time duration of the course you are enrolled in. This duration is generally five years.
However, to stay in the country without any problem, you need to make sure you are strictly following all the conditions specified in your student visa.
Advantages of Student Visa (Subclass 500)
- The visa allows you to join any of your desired study programs.
- The visa allows you to take your family members along with you.
- You can travel back to your country anytime.
- You can apply for the visa from anywhere inside and outside of Australia via an online medium.
Sectors Eligible for Student Visa (SubClass 500)
- Postgraduate research region
- Non-award sector
- Schools sector
- Independent ELICOS sector
- Vocational education and training area
- Higher education segment
- Foreign affairs or defence sector
Key Conditions to Get Australian Student Visa
- You must be above 6 years of age.
- You must be enrolled in the study program you want to pursue in Australia.
- You must have a proven welfare arrangement (specifically for those who are under 18 years of age).
- You must undergo an English language proficiency test like the Pearson’s Test of English, you can PTE coaching to help attain a good score, and keep the results ready at the time you apply for a visa
- You must be free from any kind of criminal record.
What are the Essential Documents to Get the Australian Student Visa?
Below I am giving a comprehensive list of documents you may require while applying for an Australian Student Visa
- You must have proof of your enrolment in the desired course.
- You must have a valid passport.
- You must have all your academic and work experience documents.
- You must have your IELTS test scorecard to prove your English proficiency.
- You must have the details of your health insurance policy.
- You must have the pieces of evidence proving your financial capability.
- You must have a character certificate showing you are or were not involved in any kind of criminal activity.
- You must have 4 passport size photographs with you.
How to Apply for an Australian Student Visa?
As I have already mentioned, you can easily apply for an Australian student visa using an online medium.
For this, you are required to create an account with the help of DIBP’s online application system named ImmiAccount.
After creating the account, simply fill and submit your student visa application. That’s all.
ImmiAccount application also enables you to track the status of your application after successful submission.
However, while heading towards applying for your student visa, make sure to apply for the visa within six weeks after the course starts and within 12 weeks before the course starts.
Australian Student Visa Costing
Student Visa (Subclass 500)
|Base Application Cost||Additional Cost (if you are 18 years or above)||Additional Cost (if you are below 18 years)||Successive Temporary Application Cost|
|First Time Entrant||AUD620||AUD460||AUD150||AUD700|
|Foreign Affairs/Defense Sector||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Postgraduate Research Sector||AUD620||Nil||Nil||Nil|
Nail it Down
- You cannot work until the course starts. For example, if your session starts in January 2021 and you reach Australia by December 2020, after that you cannot start a job till your course officially begins.
- If your employment is a standard part of the course syllabus and you are registered; then this clause is not applicable for you. This is valid for mandatory internships of incorporated course
- Moreover, if you belong to the Post Graduate Research Sector, you can start working for unrestricted hours for doctoral thesis only. Plus if you have registered for any preface courses then you are eligible for the 40 working hours per fortnight rule specified above.
- If you have fulfilled the Australian study obligation, you can apply for a Post-study Work Permit for Graduate Stream. Conversely, if you have registered in an ELICOS, you are not allowed for Post Study Work Permit for Australia.