We have seen that the majority of the users are putting the query on a daily basis of how to copy email from Office 365 Webmail to Desktop supported applications without showing any error. In this era, maximum users want to save a copy Office 365 email to hard drive due to different personal or professional reasons. If you are also one of the same types of user then, not to worry anymore as here we will discuss the brief about your query. Also, we will provide the available solutions to copy email from Office 365 Webmail to desktop applications. So, keep your eyes on every lines of this blog post. Now, let’s start the discussion…
Why You Need Office 365 Backup?
As we know that the cyber security threats in Microsoft Office 365 have increased since 2019. To prevent the complete Microsoft Office 365 mailbox database from attacks we need to take a backup of the complete database. The backup helps to secure your most important data.
Office 365 Backup is the best protection or cover against accidental or intentionally damage of data loss, ransomware, and corruption of data. And, for the backup process, needy users can go through with the third party solution or a manual solution that we have discussed in the next. The third-party solution is provided by professionals that ensure to create reliable backups, restore entire data quicker and meet data retention requirements.
Microsoft Office 365 backup is an effective plan of many organization’s business continuity and growth. It is a disaster recovery plan that can help you to meet compliance and data safety requirements like GDPR and HIPAA.
After knowing the need for Microsoft Office 365 backup, I think we should proceed to the next section that will brief you the solutions for how to copy email from Office 365 webmail to desktop supported formats or apps.
Different Solutions to Copy Office 365 Email to Hard Drive/Cloud Server Email Apps
Under this section, we will discuss the two type of solutions available for how to copy email from Office 365 webmail to desktop supported applications. Reader can go through with both the solutions one by one.
Solution 1: Third-Party Tool recommended by Experts
Follow the simple steps to copy Office 365 email to hard drive or any other cloud server email apps:-
- Run the Office 365 Database Backup software on your Windows system and open it freely.
- Choose Office 365 Backup option and click on the Next. In the next screen, use Add option or ‘+’ symbol to import Office 365 account data for backup process.
- After adding the Office 365 account, click Next. From the next Window, you will choose the email source folder of Office 365 from which you need to backup data.
- So, choose the folders and click on the Next button. The new Window opens by loading the Office 365 folders on the left section alongwith the separate checkboxes.
- Then, you can go to choose the folders for selective backup and select saving output option in a right section of the same Window. Now, take the benefit of various filters and options shows as per the selection of output option.
Important: The saving output options list includes multiple options such as PST Outlook, PDF, MSG, MBOX, EML, EMLx, IMAP Server, Exchange Server, Gmail, and Office 365. You can choose any select saving option to save O365 emails.
- Add the location path by using Browse button where you want to collect output database. And, hit on the Backup button that quickly starts the live backup process on the software screen.
Note: When the O365 data backup process is finish you will get the message of confirmation for successfully completed backup process. Click OK and minimize the software Window. And, at last go to check your complete output data files at the selected location.
Solution 2: Manual Guide to Backup Office 365 Emails
To follow the manual working guide, make sure your system carry MS Outlook desktop application so that we can simply copy Office 365 email to hard drive without any problem. Under the manual soltion, you have to follow the two rounds of backup process. So, follow the rounds as we have described below:-
Round 1: Add Office 365 Cloud Account with Microsoft Outlook
To follow the first round, you need to setup the Microsoft Office 365 account in the Microsoft Outlook application. And, to do this task, you can follow the below steps;
- Start your MS Outlook application and open it properly. Follow the tabs: File >> Add Account.
- The next screen depends upon that which Outlook edition you are using. If you are using MS Outlook 2016 or above edition, you need to type the correct Office 365 email address and hit on Connect. If it is correct so, enter its password.
For Outlook 2013 & Below Editions –
- In these editions, go to choose the E-mail Account option and then, type your Office 365 details in it.
Round 2: Copy Emails Office 365 Webmail
After performing the first round of configuring the O365 account, here you can save email from O365 account to save into PST file format. To do this, you can follow the steps we have discussed below:
- Open MS Outlook and go to press on File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- In import/export wizard screen, choose “export to a file” option
- In another window, hit on Export to a File >> Outlook data file (.pst).
- Choose the mailbox from added Office 365 account that you want to backup and click Next.
- Then, go to add the destination path within the desktop for output PST files.
- Finally, quickly go to hit on the Finish button.
By going through with both the rounds that we have discussed above, you can successfully copy email from Office Webmail to desktop PST format.
Why You Should Opt Third-Party Tool over Manual Solution?
The benefits of the Office 365 Backup Tool attracts a lot of users, while another side manual solution comes with some critical issues that may affect the original data files of the Office 365 account.
Benefits of Third-Party Solution:
- Short and simple working process.
- Capable to perform bulk emails backup at once.
- Save email attachments in exact format.
- Move data from O365 to any local file format.
- Supports to export selective Office 365 folders.
- Save O365 folders to any cloud server apps.
- Supports simple user familiar interface.
- Handle by technical and non-technical users.
- Offers various email filters and date filters.
- Provide 100% successful results.
- Downloadable on all Windows OS platforms.
- Retains all email properties in the same way.
- Facilitates a free trial edition facility for new users.
- Maintains complete folder structure as it is.
- Requires login id and password of Office 365 account.
Drawbacks of Manual Solution:
- The lengthy procedure includes many steps.
- Takes a lot of precious time to implement working.
- Includes technical steps so non-technical users cannot use it.
- Not reliable as it can damage the emails also.
Overall, I can freely say that the above discussion will definitely help out to solve your problem of how to copy email from Office 365 webmail to desktop supported email formats without any error. After reading the entire blog material, you are free to choose any of the solution from the above. Now, first download a free trial copy for copying the first 100 emails and 25 other items from Office 365 to PST, PDF, MSG, MBOX, etc. After using it, you can buy the license key of this program. Also, get the Office 365 Tenant to Tenant Migration utility that can transfer your data from one Office 365 to another O365 cloud account.