- How to Crack the IELTS Test– Start studying English -this will assist you with learning the essentials required for the IELTS test. You can’t go into the test with a low degree of English however an expansive information on the test – you will require a blend of these two so as to score profoundly.
- Find out about the IELTS test – Study the test-taking methodologies and aptitudes required before going into the test. That way you will realize how to best utilize your time and can design as needs be. There are a lot of infographics and blog entries online which will assist you with this.
- Watch movies or read books – get acquainted with both the pace and rhythm of English discourse and composed messages so as to sound as normal as conceivable in your Writing and Speaking. These abilities will assist you with going at any rate half of your test. When you know about these you can move onto Listening (which can likewise be drilled through watching movies) and afterward at long last Reading which can be polished through perusing the news or perusing both fiction and true to life.
- Study IELTS aptitudes and procedures required – these abilities and techniques are fundamental to having the option to screen and utilize your time successfully just as having the option to foresee what is coming straightaway, how to answer a long Reading or troublesome Listening section.
- Take IELTS practice tests included to consummate your new test-taking abilities and procedures – take the authority IELTS practice tests once you have taken in all the aptitudes required.
- Gain from your slip-ups and improve your English – gain from the criticism given by your IELTS educator/coach and gain from where you can improve.
- Take the IELTS and get your ideal score – take the IELTS after you have examined the test-taking aptitudes and systems and get your ideal score!
A brisk outline:
Get familiar with the arrangement of the gainful aptitudes and become familiar with the techniques required
You have to realize how to compose different letter/article types, comprehend what you have to accomplish in each Speaking part including presenting yourself, talking on a subject for a set timeframe and how to give yourself an opportunity to think and ability to depict charts in the Academic Writing.
When you comprehend these abilities and how to utilize them, you have to rehearse them in controlled tests and gain from your slip-ups. You will require an accomplished IELTS mentor or somebody acquainted with how to get a high score on the IELTS and with a high, if not local, level of English.
Criticism on these beneficial aptitudes is fundamental. You have to gain from what you progressed admirably and what you can improve. Address an instructor or inspector and continue attempting!
How to score band 8 in IELTS reading test
For IELTS reading section, candidates will get 60 minutes and they will have to attempt 40 questions. Types of questions included in reading section are multiple choice questions, match the heading, note completion, fill in the blanks, summary completion, true/false/not given, sentence completion.
There are three or four passages in reading section on the basis of these passages test-taker have to answer 40 questions. A human examiner will examine answers, candidate will get marks in raw score i.e. he/she will get one mark for each correct answer and then this score will be then converted into a band from 1-10. Candidate will have to score 35 out of 40 to score a band 8. There will be around 10 to 11 questions from each passage.
Test taker should be able to skim and read approximately 170 words per minute to score band 8.
Following are some tips to score band 8:
- Skim and read quickly: he/she should try and find the main idea of each passage and ignore unfamiliar message at this stage.
- Try to identify key words.
- Keep track of time: time is very essential in reading test as there is no negative marking, candidate should be able to attempt all the questions.
- Expand vocabulary: candidate will find reading section not very difficult if he/she will have range of vocabulary.
- Try to identify paraphrase: try to look for similar message between what the passage is about and what question is asking.
- Identify key words: identify and mark keywords in each passage. IELTS Coaching in Gurgaon
How to get a Band 7 in IELTS, and here are the secrets to success in the Writing test.
Here are some suggestions I can think of, it maybe can’t help you out. But do your best, you will be fine.
- Before writing an essay, you must know its basic structure.
- Introduction: Approx. 60 Words
- Paraphrase Task
- State Opinion
- Introduction: Approx. 60 Words
- Essay Overview
- Supporting Para 1: 85 Words
- State Position 1
- Explain Why
- Give Examples
- Summarize Paragraph
- Supporting Para 2: 85 Words
- State Position 2
- Explain Why
- Give Examples
- Summarize Paragraph
- Conclusion : 45 Words
- Summarize essay
- Final Thought
- Do Task 2 first, because it is worth more marks and is easier.
- You must complete both tasks. I don’t care how difficult the test is, I don’t care how little time you have got. You MUST complete your test at any cost. If you don’t, you will be penalized.
- Again, practice writing. Do both 2 tasks in one hour. You can focus only on task 1 or task 2, but before the test, you should practice writing both tasks to get familiar with time limits.
- Practice makes perfect. In writing, this statement is completely true. But it is better if there is someone to check your writing for you and so you can learn from your mistakes.
- Writing requires wide academic vocabulary. You also have to buy a dictionary to work on and enrich your vocabulary.
- Avoid all informal ways of writing. There are some rules of writing you should follow. For example: no abbreviations, no 1st and 2nd pronoun or possessive (I, you, me, my, your), except in conclusion where you have to state your opinion.
That is all I can think of. I hope you will be lucky in your exam and what I wrote will help you in one way or another. But REMEMBER, to reach success, you MUST make an effort. You should have a clear motivation and a strong will to overcome difficulties. When I did practice tests, I was exhausted. But no success comes easily. Practice is the only way to gain success. Don’t just wait for a lucky break, it will never come if you don’t know how to grab it. Immigration Consultants
And the final point I want to mention is:
Relax before the test!
In brief, you must relax before any tests. Forget about them to relax, and believe in yourself.
IELTS test takers in general end up retaking the test twice and in some cases more than twice and even up to 5 times! This happens because they keep committing the same mistakes time and again. Elaborated below are the common mistakes the test takers keep committing and need to be avoided.
First and foremost, the test takers must remember that it is a test of English communication skills and a genuine improvement in English language ability will go a long way in ensuring a high band rather than just trying to master the format or repeatedly taking the mock tests one after another. Remember, you are being benchmarked against a ‘native’ user of English language, do you think he would need many mock tests to score a 9 band. So, your goal is to be as proficient as possible in English as one would expect a native user of English to be. Please get back to basics of a language, English in this case, work on your English comprehension ability, whether it is reading English, listening to English or expressing yourself in English through speaking or writing.
Next is an important fact, people forget that they have certain targets in various modules, while for academic purpose it is generally an overall band requirement of 7-7.5 with no band less than 6-6.5, for Immigration/work permit purpose, the band requirement varies from 8,7,7,7 to 8.5,7.5,22.214.171.124 or sometimes 8 band in each module. One must therefore prepare with the individual targets in mind, we have observed people securing 9 band in Listening and Reading modules and getting a 6 band in Writing module. This is a classic case of imbalanced approach and overemphasis on practicing certain module(s) at the cost of others. As long as one is confident of securing the target band in a particular module, should draw his energy and focus to the other module(s).
Last, it is important to practice IELTS preparation under test conditions, I have observed people endlessly preparing for IELTS as if they are doing PhD in English, one must prepare with certain goals and set about achieving those. Setting strict time guidelines, using a peaceful place without distractions, and creating test like conditions while learning and practising helps achieve better scores.
Attempting an IELTS test without adequate preparation or without acquiring genuine English language skills and taking a chance or thinking that a fluke may work are some of the common mistakes in approach or thinking people must avoid if they need to get their target bands in IELTS test which is rather an easy test of English.