Whether you are a novice online marketer or you are a seasoned expert in this business, blogging is pivotal to make your online business successful. Posting blogs is one of the easiest and efficacious marketing strategies to uplift your brand image and target a wide range of customers. But many companies often overlook blogging and its importance as they have scant knowledge about it. If you know how blogging can boost up your sales and profit, you will certainly plunge into this trend. To learn more about blogging and blog posting strategies, you should enrol on the best digital marketing course in Ahmedabad.
Here, we are also going to mention how to create a blog post and publish it. But before that let’s take a look at what is a blog?
What is a blog?
A blog is a piece of article that is published in the blog section of your site. A blog post usually covers a specific topic or query that ranges from 600 to 2,000+ words. You may incorporate other media types such as images, videos, infographics, and interactive charts to make your blog attractive and alluring.
How to create a blog post and publish it?
Choose blog topic
Blog posts allow your company to publish insights, thoughts, and stories on your website about any topic so that your audience can know more about your business and offerings. Blogs help you boost brand awareness, reliability, conversions, and profit.
Today, most organizations are using blogs to share analyses, instruction, criticisms, product information, industry findings, and more. The markets are crammed with many blog formats, but here are the top six most common formats.
· The “How-To” Post
· The List-Based Post
· The “What Is” Post
· The Pillar Page Post (“Ultimate Guide”)
· The Newsjacking Post
· The Infographic Post
Write your blog post
Now, the most important step is to write the content. Once you have the outline or format, you need to fill in the blanks. Write everything that you have prepared. If required, do additional research to acquire more information like examples, infographics, and data to support your content. Don’t mislead your audience with deceptive data rather incorporate all accurate and compelling data.
If you are struggling with your flow of writing, you can take help from various tools. Some popular tools like Power Thesaurus, ZenPen, Cliché Finder, etc. will help you to create convincing and intriguing content for your post.
Pick a catchy title
You need to draw the attention of your customers by choosing a catchy and crispy title for your blog. Consider the below-mentioned things while selecting a title.
· Start with your working title.
· Keep the title short, accurate, and clear while editing
· Now, by using strong language, alliteration, or another literary tactic, you need to make it tempting.
· By inserting some keywords, you can optimize it for SEO.
· Finally, you need to shorten it as Google prefers 65 characters or fewer for the title. If it exceeds, it can truncate the title that will impact your SEO.
Use images effectively
Only text may not excite your audience, thus, you need to select a visually appealing and relevant image for your blog posts. Since social networking sites prefer content with images, hence visuals are more responsible for creating the success of your blog content.
You can search in Google “How to select the perfect image for your blog post” and observe closely regarding the copyright section. Though images play a pivotal role to make your blog attractive, you still need to think about the formatting and organization of the post to make it more appealing.
A well-formatted and visually appealing post will certainly grab the attention of your reader.
Topics and Tags
Tags are definite and public-facing keywords that describe a post. They encourage your audience to browse for more content in the same category on your blog. Don’t put a plethora of tags to each topic rather use some logic and thought into your blog tagging strategy. First, you need to think of tags as “topics” or “categories,” and then, select 10-20 tags that signify all the main topics you want to cover on your blog.
Insert a CTA
Don’t forget to insert a CTA at the end of every blog post. A CTA is what you want the reader to do next (subscribe to your blog, download an e-book, register for a webinar, read other topics etc.)
After reading your post, when they click on the CTA, you will generate a lead. Use your CTAs prudently to offer more content similar to the subject of the post that they found interesting. If you are offering some courses, then at the end of your post, use a CTA that can prompt readers to take a certification course.
Optimize for on-Page SEO
Once you have finished your blog writing, you need to optimize the on-page elements of your post. Here we are mentioning certain points that you should remember while optimizing for SEO.
· Meta Description: Meta descriptions are the summary of your blog below the post’s page title on Google’s search results pages. They are ideally between 150-160 characters and you may start with something like “Learn,” “Read,” or “Discover.”
· Page Title and Headers: Most blogging software uses post title as your page title. Don’t stuff too many keywords in the title. Make a short and concise title, ideally, under 65 characters. Else Google will truncate it.
· Anchor Text: Anchor text is the word/ words that link to another page (either on your website or on another website). Prudently choose the right keywords that you want to link to other pages on your site. Because search engines consider this when ranking your page for certain keywords.
· Mobile Optimization: A plethora of studies has revealed that nearly 60% of visitors are coming from various mobile devices. Always choose a responsive design for your website. If you optimize your site for mobile, it will score your website some SEO points.
Preview your blog post
Once you are finished writing, by clicking “preview” in the upper right, you can check how your blog will look.
· Device preview: click open in a new window to see a live preview of your blog post in a new tab in your browser.
· Click Full Post View to preview the specific blog post that you are editing.
· If you have enabled Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) for your blog post, then by clicking Google AMP you can see how your blog will look on mobile devices.
Publish or schedule your blog post
After adding your content, optimizing the blog for search engines, and previewing how it will look to visitors, you can publish your blog post. Click the Publish or schedule tab and select Publish Now to publish instantly, or Schedule for later to publish this post at a future date and time.
If any item is missing from your page, you will see an alert in the upper right corner of the publish button.
Once you are finished with everything, you may click “publish”.
Submit blog URL to Google Search Console
Add your blog to Google by registering and logging into your Google Search Console account. Then, just upload the blog’s XML sitemap to submit your entire blog to Google or request a crawl in the “URL Inspection” report to submit a single page or URL to Google.
Now you have an adequate idea regarding how to create a blog post and publish it successfully.To work with a reputed SEO company in Ahmedabad, you should have plenty of knowledge about digital marketing. TraingingSEO offers the best digital marketing course in Ahmedabad. Join the institute and become a pro of digital marketing.