Many people believe that installing a wall mounted toilet roll holder is a simple chore. But it is not right because planning ahead of time will save you a lot of time, stress, and money. You need to consider how close your toilet paper holder is to the toilet. As you know it would irritate you to no end numerous times a day. So, the positioning of a toilet paper holder is really critical according to the comfort of your bathroom. It is ideal to install an Ironmongery product toilet paper holder on the tiles near the toilet. In addition to this, not too close to avoid crowding the user.
Generally, toilet paper holders are normally 23 inches from the floor and 5 inches in front of the toilet. So, it can be fixed to the tiles of the wall beside the toilet. You should make sure it should be placed as close to the toilet as possible. For this, it may need to mount the holder against the bathroom. As you know, the beautiful wall covering in the bathroom could be tiling.
Easy Steps to Install a Toilet Roll Holder on Tiles:
1. Before going ahead you need to determine where you want to mount the toilet paper holder on the tile. Choose a comfortable and secure location near the toilet with the wall bracket in place. You can use a spirit level, to make sure it’s straight and also use a pencil, to mark the holes.
You can also select the wall mounted toilet roll holder that will stick to the tile of the wall. After this, install the chosen tile up the wall to the mark that drew for the paper holder earlier. The next step is to fill in the holes at the rear with mortar. You can sit on your toilet, this ensures the holder is in a proper position from the toilet seat. So you won’t have to elevate yourself off to access it.
When you’ve selected a good spot, just lean the toilet paper holder against the tiles of the wall. Then draw a line with a pencil across the bottom of the wall tiles. Basically, this is the product or component that will stick after the holder is in the proper place.
2. Now, apply a strip of masking tape to the suitable location while positioning. Keep in mind, don’t have to cover the entire tile if you don’t want to. You can cut the two tiles for some toilet paper holders. After this, place the toilet paper holder where you like to place it on the tiles.
Make sure it’s simple to reach the individuals who are using the bathroom. Mostly, it should be slightly higher than the toilet so there is no need for people to stretch backward. Moreover, make a note for each person by poking a felt-tip marker using the screw holes on the holder.
Next, Get ready to drill.
3. Place the toilet paper holder slightly below where you want it on the wall. With a pencil, mark the masking tape where the posts will be. To ensure that the marks are straight, you may need to use a level. When cutting ceramic tiles, greater caution is required.
The same anchors, screws, and drills are needed to hang the toilet paper holder on a ceramic wall as they would be for a drywall wall. The only difference is that cutting tiled walls without damaging them requires a special diamond bit.
4. In this step you need to fit your drill using a 6 mm or 7 mm diamond bit. Keep a bit on the masking tape by indicating the position and press firmly and patiently. Moreover, use the masking tape on the drill bit to indicate the depth of the tile of the wall plug. This will help you know when you need to stop drilling.
Place a piece of masking tape over each hole. After this, use the tape to mark the hole’s location. It is important that your drill bit will not stray if you use the tape while drilling. It is recommended to select a masonry drill bit. So, it matches one of the plastic screw anchors you’re using. In addition, screw anchors are mostly packaged with a toilet paper holder.
5. It is suggested to drill at the slowest possible speed. It is up to you how patiently you pull on the trigger that controls the drill’s speed. If you want to make the drill work slowly, pull on the trigger slightly. Furthermore, you can speed up the drill once the hole has been started.
After this, drill the holes but remember to use the hammer. Using this hammer you can easily do the tile setting off and the masonry setting on. Properly drill all the way through the desired tile. In addition, while drilling you can easily go back and forth in the hole. Now drill the second hole in case using a toilet paper holder with two brackets and a spring bar.
Moreover, once you’ve drilled the holes, you can remove the tape. It is obvious that during this job, your room and bathroom are likely to become very dirty. It is important to safeguard your eyes by using a dust mask and goggles. In addition, you can also use a pipe detector to search the area. Before drilling the holes in the tiles use masking tape, this will help to keep them from slipping. If you are drilling into tiles, it is important to make sure the hammer setting is off for tiles.
Also, drill a hole on each mark by using the bit in a particular variable-speed drill. It is highly recommended to keep the drill bit cool to run it at a slow speed. Furthermore, you can submerge it in water periodically. For this, it is ideal to keep a bowl of water by your side. After penetrating the tile you shouldn’t forget to drill through the backer board.
7. In this step, you need to fill the holes with plastic anchors. Do this step gently and pound them with a rubber mallet, and hammer them flush with the outer surface. Put the wall plugs in place to keep them in the proper place.
While you’re screwing into tiles you need to tap the plugs two to three millimetres past the surface. You can use a screw and hammer to prevent the expanding plug from shattering the tile. After completing, check the level once more before screwing the wall bracket in the specified place.
8. Now, it’s time to use the screws that are included in the toilet paper holder package. Using them attach the toilet paper holder plates to the anchors. Then, double-check the level that will screw the wall bracket in the proper place or not. You should place the holder on the brackets by tightening the little grub screw to secure it.
In conclusion, after reading this blog post you become confident to install toilet roll holders on tiles. All the above-discussed steps help you from start to end of the toilet roll holders installation process. From the first step to locate a suitable location to the final installation of the toilet paper holder. There is no need to take assistance from any Ironmongery product expert if you keep in mind the above procedures. You just need some required tools and patience in this whole wall mounted toilet roll holder installation process.
Thanks for Reading!
Forward this article to your friends who want to know the steps to install a toilet roll holder on tiles.
Visit at theblogulator.com website for latest updates…