In this article, learn how to migrate Zimbra Mail to Outlook 2016 program. There are many users who wants to export Zimbra mailboxes to Outlook program. Zimbra email client only stores its mailbox items as TGZ file. On the other hand, Microsoft Outlook only allows to import mailbox items as PST file. We do it using best Zimbra Migration Tool.
Why Need Zimbra Email to Outlook Migration Software?
Zimbra is a simple email client with intuitive interface that lets you manage multiple user accounts in a single interface. With all these features, Zimbra is losing market share as it sinks in terms of data synchronization and slow response speed.
It does not offer phishing filtering or email settings available in MS Outlook. The need to create a Zimbra account is one of the most important points for users migrating to MS Outlook. Therefore, Outlook is the first choice for users as the most reliable email client.
Therefore, users are looking for a better and easier way to import data from Zimbra to PC / Email to Outlook.
Prime Difference Between Zimbra vs Outlook
Zimbra Desktop is a powerful email client that can run on cross-platform OS i.e., Linux, Windows and Mac. Two editions are free, one is open source and the other is sold as a text edition. Users are free to use the services at their own discretion.
Outlook also has its roots in Microsoft and is compatible with all versions of Windows. The only version of Outlook for Mac was released, but MS Outlook is an important part of Windows and the current version of Outlook was released for Outlook 2019.
It is also marked as a custom email manager that is easy to control messages. People and meetings, tasks, notes, diaries and to-do lists. Outlook users can use it as a standalone email client and when they are near SharePoint or a marketing computer.
How to obtain TGZ Files from Zimbra?
- Launch Zimbra Desktop email client in your PC.
- Go to Preferences tab & then choose Import/Export option from here.
- In Export mode, choose the Type of Data you want to export from Zimbra.
- Setup all the Zimbra Export options by choosing All Folders
- Finally, choose the location & click on the Save button to export Zimbra mailboxes as TGZ file.
Once you obtain Zimbra emails as TGZ file, you can easily migrate Zimbra Mail data to Outlook email client.
How to Convert Zimbra Mail TGZ file to PST?
One of the best ways to migrate Zimbra Mail to Outlook program can be done with RecoveryTools zMigrator software. It is the flagship product to move emails from Zimbra mail client to Outlook program.
The toolkit will create UNICODE PST file, which means a user can successfully import the mailbox items into all latest Outlook editions including Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc.
A user can obtain PST file from TGZ by following these simple steps:
- Launch Zimbra Migration tool in your Windows PC.
- Load the TGZ files into the software by dual ways, i.e., Add Files or Add Folders
- Have a look on the loaded Zimbra mailbox data with original folder hierarchy. It will also give preview of embedded attachment files along with Zimbra emails.
- Choose PST option from the saving format options list.
- Setup Zimbra Mail to Outlook options in application panel. It allows the users option to choose folder language, create separate PST per TGZ file etc.
- Users can also alter the default output file location to save PST file i.e., choose a folder to save resultant files. A user can also directly create a New Folder from the utility panel.
- Start the Zimbra Mail to Outlook migration process & analyze it directly in your application panel.
- The utility will directly open default destination location. Check the obtained PST file & import it into your Outlook 2016 program.
From the above steps we can easily understand that it is one of the simplest solutions to migrate Zimbra mailboxes to Outlook program.
Amazing Features of Zimbra Desktop to Outlook Migration Tool:
The utility will provide users the large number of benefits to its users. Here are a some of them listed below:
- The utility will create UNICODE PST file, which means a user can convert import Zimbra Mail emails into Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc. for both 32-bit & 64-bit OS editions.
- Zimbra Mail Converter tool will maintain the original metadata & properties of Zimbra emails during the migration.
- The utility will also allow the users to preserve the on-disk System Folder Hierarchy of mailboxes.
- A user can migrate Zimbra mailboxes with many universal languages i.e., Dutch, French, German, Spanish, Norwegian, etc.
- The utility will provide users dual ways to load Zimbra mailbox items in application panel.
- It will support batch conversion of multiple Zimbra mailbox emails to Outlook program.
- The utility is fully compatible with all the latest versions of Microsoft Windows OS i.e., Win 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista etc. for both 32-bit & 64-bit OS editions.
In this article I had explained a perfect solution of how can a user migrate emails from Zimbra Mail to Outlook program. You do not need to have advanced technical knowledge to perform the migration.