There are many instances where we need to look for an old tweet. Maybe you are looking for an old joke or some information that you might think is useful for you but are not able to find that tweet. In such a case, people start to get irritated and frustrated and try to look for some method or way which will help them in looking for all the old tweets that they are searching for.
If you are also looking for ways how to find old tweets of someone or your own then, let me tell you that you are in the correct spot. We are going to tell you some wonderful methods through which you can very easily look for all the old tweets that you wish to find.
This may be on the grounds that you’ve observed tweets with broken connections, some Twitter posts that your lament and need to erase… But you can’t track down them.
In case it isn’t already obvious, to scroll, you’ll do it for a really long time. That is the reason we’ve made this article to let you know three different ways on the most proficient method to track down old tweets.
Manual for Finding Old Tweets
Except if you erase them, your tweets will stay on the organization, and, except if your record is private, anybody can see and repost them.
Thus, to erase one, you initially need to track down the tweet being referred to.
We’ll disclose three distinct ways of looking through old tweets.
This is the exemplary strategy for looking into tweets, and furthermore the most straightforward method for tracking down old tweets.
This is the Twitter web crawler second to none, which is situated on the landing page of your profile, in the upper right: ‘Search Twitter’.
The issue with this technique is that it isn’t exceptionally careful since you need to compose your username and the watchword that you believe is connect with the particular tweet.
This particular guide has every tried and accurate method which is a savior for all those people who just scroll up and down in feeds and are unable to find the one they are looking for. The methods given here are traditional and new, so, tighten your seat belts and read through all the methods that will help you.
Accurate methods to look for old tweets
We are giving you 5 different methods through which you can search old tweets mobile and computer.
Method 1: use the Twitter Advanced Search
- Open your Twitter account and then and then open the Twitter Advanced Search page from your account.
- You will see different subheadings from where you need to choose People. Now, type the username of the account in the ‘From these accounts’ section.
- You can also add the dates in the Dates section if you know them.
- Then, click on the Search button. Twitter will display all the top tweets from that time range.
- You can also click on the ‘Latest’ option to see all the tweets from the account.
- You can also use certain words that you remember from the tweet. And once Twitter has given you the tweets then, look for the one you are searching for.
This is one of the most popular methods used by all Twitteratis.
Method 2: Twitter Advanced Search, Hacker style
Confused after seeing the way, don’t be read the methods and you will see how much it is helpful.
If you have ever used the Twitter advanced search then, you may have come across a blue bar on the top of the screen. The letters and words inside this box are known as ‘Search operators’. You can easily use this to look for tweets rather than visiting the advanced search page.
You should use the following search operators.
“from:”, “since:” and “until:”. You need to enter the username and the time range to look for the tweets you are searching for. it is a very simple method, one which most people do not know about so, use this method and make your work a lot easier.
Method 3: Get a complete archive of your Tweets from Twitter
Another method that you can use to look for old tweets is to ask for an archive of your tweets from Twitter itself. Asking for archives is a generally good practice and it can also help you in finding the tweets you are looking for.
Follow the given instructions to get a record of every tweet that you have ever sent.
- Click on this link to start the procedure: https://twitter.com/settings/account/.
- Then, you will see a Content tab. Hit on it and tap the ‘Request your archive’ button.
- After this, it is twitter’s job to prepare your archive. It can take days, minutes or hours considering how big your archive is. But, you will get a notification once it is complete and then, you need to go to the ‘Download your data’ section.
- From there, tap on the ‘Download Archive’ tab.
- Along with this, Twitter will also send you an email with the downloading link of the archive. So, you can also use your email.
- After this, you will get a .zip file that will contain all your tweets. There are two ways to look for tweets.
- You can choose to click on the index.html file to see it in the web browser or you can also open a spreadsheet with the tweets.csv file.
- The choice is yours so do a twitter search and then select one and see all the tweets done from your account and then search for the one you wish to see.
Method 4: Use a third-party application
There is also a different method rather than downloading your complete archive to search tweets by date. There are many other applications like AllMyTweets where you can look for all the tweets done from your user handle. Given below is the correct procedure to do the same.
- Open the website of AllMyTweets or from this link https://allmytweets.net/ and then login with your account details.
- Then, type the name of the username of that id of which you are looking for old tweets.
- The process might take some time if you have too many tweets on the account. But, you do not need to worry as AllMyTweets will create a list of all the tweets in chronological order.
- After that, you can use the checkboxes and then, search for all the tweets that you are looking for.
There are many applications like AllMyTweets but this is considered the best application which will help you.
Method 5: Use the Wayback Machine
If you are looking for a tweet that is already delete then, it will not be in the Advanced search or the AllMyTweets data. So, now if you are wondering how to find old tweets from someone else then, you can use the Wayback Machine.
You can get the screenshots of popular tweets on the Wayback Machine. So, you can find popular tweets that you can delete without any difficulty. The only problem is that you will not find individual tweets in a separate column. The screenshots taken by the Wayback Machine is organise by date, day, and time. So, it will be very easy for you to look for the tweet you want to find. This will also save your time and effort. If you are looking for a tweet from a famous or popular account.
We hope that you can find any tweet you are looking for by these methods given by us. You can also visit our website Ityug247 to know other ways of finding old tweets too. The website is very technical and informative so you will benefit a lot from it.
read also: Top 7 Twitter Feed Plugin For Shopify