Article writing is a piece of art, and it is not everyone’s cup of tea. You cannot become a strong article writer, as a freelance content writer in a few days. The famous proverb: “Practice makes a man perfect” applies to article writing. There are some dos and don’ts that you need to know, as a home-based content writer if you want to become an article writer. Here are those dos and don’ts for you:
Dos of Article Writing:
- You need to start your article with a catchy title.
- Deploy link baiting at the start of your article.
- Every paragraph in your article should be related to each other.
- Keep the keyword density at least to 2 percent or below it.
- Make a summary of your finished article.
- It is better to utilize “Meta Title” and “Meta Description” in your post, as it counts for SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Use keyword (s) in your article naturally.
- Write your article by keeping the target audience in your mind.
- Use CTA (Call to Action) at the end of your article to take readers to take action after reading your article.
- Keep the “Author Resource Box” to 5 or 6 lines
Don’ts of Article Writing:
- Do not use the same words in your article again and again instead of that, you should use the synonyms.
- Do not use complex vocabulary in your article, so remain informal throughout your article.
- Do not repeat keywords in your article if you want to provide a good experience to the readers for reading your article.
- Do not imitate the pieces of content of other writers while writing an article; otherwise, you can be penalized.
- Do not bore the audience with your article.
- Do not give more than 1 link to your author’s profile in your Author Resource Box.
- Do not commit grammatical mistakes in your article.
- Do not compromise on the quality of your article.
- Do not be vague while writing sentences in your article.
- Do not give unnecessary links in your article.
Now you know the dos and don’ts of article writing. It is time you knew: How can you write an impeccable article? Here are the top 10 tips for writing a perfect article:
Tip No.1: Try to Utilize an Idiom in the Title of An Article
There is a reason for you to do it, that is, you can make a catchy title if you either use an idiom or a phrase in the title of an article.
Tip No.2: Keep the Title Length in between 65 to 70 Characters
If you want to see your complete title appear on Google’s SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages), then you need to do that.
Tip No.3: Be Consistent throughout the Piece of an Article
Each sentence in the piece of an article that you are writing should be linked to other sentences. If your article will be in a flow, then it will improve its readability.
Tip No.4: Answer the Readers’ Problems in the Piece of an Article That You Are Writing
The best way to engage readers with an article is to solve their problems, so come up with the remedies for readers’ problems in your article.
Tip No.5: Utilize the Relevant Images in Your Article
Use relevant images only if you want to make an article reading interesting for the readers.
Tip No.6: Do Not Use Abbreviations
Abbreviations do not count great for article writing, so you should avoid using them.
Tip No. 7: Add Necessary Links
Use links only if they add credibility to the piece of your write-up.
Tip No.8: Lengthen the Article Only If It Makes It Interesting
Usually, readers do not like to read up a piece of content for more than 5 minutes. So you should only lengthen your article if you feel the need for it.
Tip No.9: Read Article Yourself before Finalizing It
You will need to read the entire article yourself before you finalize it. It will give you an idea about: How will the readers contemplate your article?
Tip No.10: Write Consistently
The more you write, the more you will become an expert as an article writer.
In the End…
Hopefully, you now know: What makes a piece of article engaging? There are some dos and don’ts that you need to keep in mind if you are a freelance content writer while you write an article. Furthermore, there are surefire tips for writing an impeccable article. All in all, you need to be consistent if you want to become a prodigious article writer, as a home-based content writer.
What Are You Waiting for Now? Open Microsoft Word Document and Start Writing an Article.