Who doesn’t love a moist decadent chocolate cake? FourBerry17 is here to provide you with the ultimate decadent chocolate cake you need to bake on your next bake day. Impress your friends, peers, and family members with this delicious and rich in taste dessert.
Let’s go ahead with the recipe!
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups whipped cream (scroll till the end for whipped cream recipe)
- 1½ cups melted butter (salted/unsalted)
- 1¾ cups white sugar (preferably, powdered sugar)
- ½ cup of water
- 7 eggs
Preheating the oven
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Apply butter and grease a 10-inch round pan or spray it with a pan spray. Place a butter paper or parchment paper in the pan.
- Bring the butter to room temperature for seamless whipping and mixing of the batter. Chop the chocolate chunks into small pieces and keep them aside for later.
- In a large bowl, combine chocolate chips and chopped chocolate squares. Add room temperature or melted butter to the bowl.
- Heat water and 1 ½ cups of sugar in a pan and bring it to boil. Pour this boiled syrup into the chocolate bowl and keep stirring until ready.
- For beating and whipping the eggs, take a separate bowl. Whip eggs and mix the remaining ¼ cup of powdered sugar until it thickens.
- Keep both the bowls next to each other. Take a portion of whipped egg batter and add it to your chocolate mix. Lightly use a spatula and fold into the chocolate mixture. For folding, all you have to do is slowly mix the batter in one direction alone. Don’t mix it too much as the egg batter is fluffy.
- Repeat the same procedure for the remaining batter as well and keep folding into the chocolate mixture.
- Once you are done, pour the batter into the greased pan.
- In the preheated oven, place your baking pan on a cookie sheet. Further, fill this cookie sheet with water.
- Bake this batter for 40 to 50 minutes at 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C.
- Post the timer, remove your freshly baked decadent chocolate cake from the oven. Don’t forget to wear gloves as the cake is piping hot. Keep it at room temperature for a while and then refrigerate it for several hours. If you wish to consume hot chocolate cake, let it cool down for a couple of minutes and start cutting slices for you to enjoy this tasty treat.
Garnish the cake with whipped cream and fruits, such as strawberries, cherries, blueberries, etc.
You can also prepare and pour glossy chocolate ganache on the chocolate cake for a whole new level of chocolate treat.
Note: Never garnish a cake or cupcake fresh out of the oven. The whipped cream will melt easily and not stay on the cake.
Cut this yummy chocolate cake into slices and pair it with your morning or evening cappuccino. Coffee and chocolate is an unbeatable combination of all times!
You can also pair various ice creams like raspberry or vanilla ice cream with our chocolate cake. It will balance the sweetness of chocolate and add subtle tones of flavor instead.
Whipped Cream Recipe
Although you can directly buy whipped cream from the store, it is always better to prepare a fresh batch of whipped cream as and when you bake or cook anything at home. For this, you will need the following ingredients:
- Un-whipped cream packet
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1-2 drops vanilla essence
The un-whipped cream cartons are readily available at supermarkets or grocery stores.
In a bowl, scoop about 3 spoons of un-whipped cream and whip it thoroughly. Keep the beater on medium speed and beat for about 2-3 minutes.
Add a spoonful of powdered sugar to the semi-whipped cream and whip nicely for about 3 minutes or so. A foamy texture will start to form.
To the mix, add 1-2 drops of vanilla essence for fragrance and whip for another 2 minutes.
Tip: To know if the whipped cream is ready or not, hold the bowl up in the air and try flipping it upside down. A good and foamy whipped cream will not fall or slip from the bowl.
We hope you try this decadent chocolate cake recipe for upcoming family gatherings, events, birthday parties, celebrations, or anything as such. Be it a grand event or a simple Sunday afternoon where you feel like baking, try out this easy dessert recipe and let us know about the taste.
Follow @FourBerry17’s Instagram handle to get more food updates and exciting recipes. This page is run by a renowned Chef who is also an author, entrepreneur, and food influencer on social media, Chef Adam Schihab. Do try out his Chocolate Lava Cake recipe available on his website. It will surely keep you dreamy right after the first bite.