Many couples are dealing with infertility, and there are few things you need to learn about infertility if you can not conceive right here.
Female infertility can be described as an inability to conceive after a one-year trial, or for six months in a female who is 35 or older. Infertility is often referred to as pregnancy failure or repeated miscarriages in females.
In certain cases, you are recommended to see your doctor conduct an infertility test. However, if you have a history of prolonged menstrual cycles, pelvic inflammations, or endometriosis, it might be best to be checked far earlier. IVF Center in Jaipur is the best place to go to if you face any such issue.
Good pregnancy in a woman is a multi-stage process, and these steps are necessary to successfully conceive. Failure in following any of the below steps will result in being infertile:
- An egg must be released by the body from your ovaries i.e., ovulation must take place.
- The fallopian tube must carry the egg to the uterus.
- Sperm from your male partner must lead to the fertilization of the egg.
- The implantation must take place i.e.; the fertilized egg needs to attach to the uterus.
Symptoms of Infertility in Females
Being pregnant or carrying a healthy pregnancy, as discussed above, involves many steps, and if anything goes wrong during this process, might lead to infertility. IVF Center in Jaipur states that the principal infertility symptom is the inability to get pregnant. Other common pregnancy symptoms include:
- Menstrual irregularity
- Extreme menstrual pains
- Some hormonal variations, which cause skin problems, hair growth in the face, and obesity.
- Sexual discomfort
When To Talk To A Doctor:
- Below age 35 – try to conceive for at least one year
- For females between 35 to 40 years – try to conceive for six months.
- Females above 40 years of age must get evaluated immediately and undergo the prescribed treatments and tests.
Causes of Female Infertility
If you have difficulty conceiving, you can visit an infertility specialist or IVF Center in Jaipur to clarify the potential causes and their treatment. Most often, female infertility is induced by ovulation-related problems. If you have menstruation that is sporadic or missing, this means you’re not ovulating properly. You can not conceive without producing a healthy egg.
Female Infertility specialists at IVF Center in Jaipur state a plethora of reasons that might be able to specify why you are infertile:
Disorders of Ovulation
Best IVF center in Jaipur state that one out of four infertile pairs suffers from ovulation dysfunction, where ovulation is either rare or no ovulation at all. the root cause of ovulation disorders can be;
- Polycystic Ovarian Disorder (PCOD) – It is caused by insulin resistance and obesity-related hormone imbalance, leading to excessive hair growth and acne in the face.
- Insufficiency in primary ovaries – It is an autoimmune condition that causes premature ovarian loss of eggs. The cause of this disorder may be genetics or chemotherapy.
- Prolactin in excess – The pituitary gland, which produces excess prolactin, reduces the production of estrogen which causes infertility.
- Hypothalamus Malfunctioning – Too much stress or weight gain can affect the pituitary gland’s hormone production. This affects ovulation, which induces menstrual irregularity.
2. Tubal Infertility or Damage to fallopian tubes
Fallopian tubes bring the eggs from ovaries to the womb. Any damage or blockage to this passage will prevent the egg from fertilizing. Harm or blockage of fallopian tubes occurs because of;
- Fallopian tube infection caused due to Pelvic inflammation in conditions such as gonorrhea, chlamydia, or sexually transmitted diseases
- Surgery undergone previously that involves your abdomen or pelvis.
- Tuberculosis in Pelvis can be a major reason for this.
If uterine tissue that is normally seen lining inside the uterus develops outside, endometriosis is called this. This extra tissue or scarring is caused by tissue removal.
This can lead to a blockage in the fallopian tubes. Endometriosis also affects fertilized egg implantation, which leads to infertility.
4. Uterine or cervical causes
Uterine or cervical causes may have an effect on your fertility by interfering with fertilized egg implantation. This results in pregnancy loss or miscarriages.
- Polyps or benign tumors may cause fallopian tube blockage or interfere with implantation that affects your body’s fertility.
- Also, anatomical uterine anomalies can be one of the reasons for your being infertile.
- Any damage to the cervix may result in cervical stenosis or cervical narrowness.
- The cervix’s failure to generate a sufficient amount of mucus that enables the sperm to fly.
5. Infertility That Cannot Be Explained
The root cause of infertility may often not be determined. In both couples, multiple factors may be the reason for infertility.
Diagnosis Of The Female Infertility
Evaluation of infertility requires physical evaluation followed by medical and personal history. In order to evaluate your uterine lining, your fertility doctor can urge you to undergo different tests, including a blood test for determination of your hormone levels and endometrial biopsy.
To get a better view of the reproductive organs, it is a simple surgery performed. A slender medical instrument, commonly known as a laparoscope, is inserted through a small incision into the lower abdomen. This laparoscope carries a camera allowing your doctor to search for any malfunctions.
This operation helps decide whether your Fallopian tubes have some blockage. It includes the reproductive ultrasonography or x-ray.
Organs during which a special dye or saline is inserted into the cervix to find the blockage.
The determination of the particular cause of infertility can be a long and emotional process. When needed, seek your partner or family’s support. If you have any anxiety or depression, ask your doctor about it. Take all of the appropriate steps to help the doctor find the right cause and the best treatment possible.
Treatment Of Female Infertility
Infertility is typically treated with medicine, artificial insemination, surgery, or reproductive assisted techniques. Doctors have also favored a holistic strategy for infertility treatment. Your doctor will plan the treatment line according to your test results, age, fitness, and experience.
- Laparoscopy is performed to treat the disorder for any tubal or pelvic illness, or any cyst.
- Hysteroscopy is performed to remove polyps or tumors of the fibroid or scar tissue and clear blocked channels.
- Drugs are to be taken if you have ovulation problems.
IUI or Intrauterine Insemination
In this process, during ovulation, sperm is inserted directly into your uterus. Occasionally even medication is given to stimulate an egg release.
IVF or In vitro fertilization
IVF center in Jaipur gather the eggs and put them in a petri dish. Even the sperms are gathered, washed, and placed for fertilization in the same petri dish. It then implants a healthy fertilized egg into your uterus. This technique is known as IVF.
IntraCytoplasmic Sperm Injection or ICSI
In this procedure, for fertilization, sperm is directly injected into the egg. You then place the fertilized egg into your uterus.
Your doctor will plan the treatment procedures depending on the underlying cause of infertility and your health. It is essential to discuss IVF treatment procedures with your doctor.
There are many causes that lead to infertility amongst women. A skilled doctor at Mishka IVF, the best IVF Center in Jaipur can help you diagnose and treat yourself correctly. Recent advances in infertility treatments have benefited many healthy pregnant couples. If you can’t conceive, the only way is to get tested for infertility and to opt for infertility care.