The Kansas Sedgwick County Zoo, which opened in 1971, has become one of the top breeding facilities for rare and endangered animals. The zoo, which houses 2500 animals from 500 different kinds, is the city’s most popular tourist attraction. Furthermore, the zoo’s mission is to promote and educate visitors about creatures from various continents, not just one. You can learn about the natural habitats and habits of animals from Africa, North and South America, Asia, and Australia.
The zoo’s highlights include:
- Gorilla Forest is home to pelicans with pink backs, Brazza’s monkeys, saddle-billed storks, white pelicans, and Gorillas.
- “Pride of the Plains” is home to meerkats, lions, river hogs, and African painted dogs. “Penguin Cove” is home to Humboldt penguins, which are commonly seen along the coasts of Chile and Peru.
- The African exhibit has reticulated giraffes, eastern black rhinos, hippos, and African bush elephants.
- The “Tiger Trek” allows visitors to get up close and personal with beautiful Amur, Malayan, red pandas, brow-antlered deer, and other exotic creatures.
The zoo’s Amur leopards are an uncommon sighting. These are highly endangered species. Only roughly 60 of them are estimated to exist in Russia and China. With the zoo’s winter schedule enabling an intimate learning experience, the location has evolved into more than just a tourist attraction but also a wildlife awareness and learning center.
Kansas Sedgwick County Zoo Ticket Details
- Children under the age of two are admitted free of charge.
- Children (3-11 years old): $11.95
- Adults (12 to 61 years old): $15.95
- $11.95 for Senior Citizens (ages 62 and up).
- The tram tours are free, although there is a nominal cost for the Africa and America sections. Visit the official website for more details.
Sedgwick County Zoo Timings:
- 11 a.m. (Wednesday & Saturday Only) Animal Encounter on an American Farm
- 11 a.m. (Thursday Only) Cow/Oxen Encounter on an American Farm
- 2:30 p.m. (Saturday & Sunday Only) Inside the Cargill Learning Center, there is an animal encounter.
- 1:00 p.m. Gorilla Chat at the Downing Gorilla Forest
- 1:15 p.m. (Tuesday & Saturday Only) Reptile Encounter: Amphibians & Reptiles
- 2:00 p.m. Chat with a Bald Eagle in North America
- 3.30 p.m. Tiger Chat inside the tiger building with the Slawson Family Tiger Trek
- 3.30 p.m. Ape Chat: Koch Orangutan & Chimpanzee Habitat
- 3.45 p.m. Penguin Chat at Cessna Penguin Cove
- Visit the official website for additional hours.
So get your reservations done with JetBlue Vacations Deals and fly to Wichita.
How to Reach Kansas Sedgwick County Zoo
- By bus, take the Ridge and 21st Street Ib lines (2.25 kilometers)
- In a taxi
- You can borrow a bike through Bike-sharing ICT if you rent a car.
Other Best Things to do in Wichita, Kansas:
Wichita may not be as famous as other American cities, but don’t underestimate it. Because Wichita is a lovely and upcoming tourist location worth visiting. Some of the places to visit and interesting things to do at this getaway will astound you.
Continue reading if you are planning a trip to the United States and are unsure whether Wichita should be on your itinerary. We’ve compiled a list of things to do in Wichita and the surrounding area. We have a feeling you’ll be glad you included this city in your vacation plans if you do.
The following is a list of activities to do in Wichita as well as tourist sites in the area.
Botanica, The Wichita Gardens:
The Wichita Botanical Gardens are one of Wichita’s most popular attractions, with an aquatic collection, a greenhouse, a butterfly garden, a rain garden, a rose garden, a forest area, and a teaching garden spread out over 17.6 acres.
The gardens include a variety of tropical flora in their greenhouses, and the pansy exhibit inside the spectacular 2,800 square foot butterfly house will take your breath away. One can find beyond 30 species of junipers, peonies, different types of roses, iris, tulips, azalea, chrysanthemum, witch hazel, asters, hollies, and many other beautiful plants and flowers in the gardens. Despite its reputation as a botanical garden, there are nevertheless romantic and isolated corners to be found. Woods, streams, plazas, and a lovely 1949 carousel in the Downing Children’s Garden all come together to create a tropical, exotic refuge in the heart of Wichita.
Museum Of World Treasures: Kansas
The Museum of World Treasures has a huge collection of just about anything you can imagine! Egyptian mummies, dinosaur fossils, actual artifacts used on the sets of renowned films, personal things owned by historical individuals, old weapons, sports artifacts and memorabilia, and manuscripts of music singers such as Elvis Presley and Frank Sinatra are among the treasures on display. There’s a strong possibility you’ll find it here if anything is fascinating going on in the world!
Wichita Art Museum:
The Wichita Art Museum has a permanent collection of more than 8,000 works of American art. These demonstrate not only the growth of art in the country but also the evolution of culture, technique, and elegance that accompanied it. Innovators, scholars, artists, and collectors contribute to Museum.
Old Town: Kansas
The Old Town section, bustling with activity, preserves Wichita’s vintage and historical layout atmosphere while providing tourists with many shops, museums, restaurants, salons, venues, spas, and pubs to explore. The city’s nightlife includes a variety of clubs and bars where you can catch some of the top performances. The brick-lined alleyways, mid-eighteenth-century warehouses that have been turned into cafés and stores, the colorful Q line trolleybuses that still serve the city, and the relaxed atmosphere of the entire region will make you want to stay!
There are many more attractions located in Wichita. The most popular one is Kansas Sedgwick County Zoo. plan your next vacation to Wichita. Book your tickets with Allegiant Airlines as it would be easy for you to cancel your tickets as per Allegiant Airlines Cancellation Policy if needed.
Another option to Visit:- Miami
Wildlife & adventure, Cuban coffee, awesome nightlife, Latin culture, gorgeous beaches, and whatnot. You name your preferences, and Miami has something for every explorer. These are just some of the reasons to make a visit to this beautiful city. We can go on and on about the city because of its unmatchable charm.
Renowned as the “Magic City, ” it boasts an exciting and unique fusion of laid-back seaside vibes, hip urban culture, and US & Latin traditions. The city is a melting pot of culture that celebrates its diversity through entertainment, art, and food. Moreover, there is something for each kind of traveler. However, the mix of languages may command your attention, but its luxurious look catches most eyes. Endless amenities, culture, and entertainment make Miami one of the best destinations for your vacation. If you are looking for more reasons to go to Miami, then keep reading further.
Thrill way to your trip to Miami
Confused about choosing Miami for your next trip? Well, this article is for you. First of all, ensure to select Allegiant Airlines as your travel companion. Purchase Air tickets for your trip, and fly without ruining your bank balance. Enter Miami international airport in the destination field, and fly off now. Let’s proceed further and know the reason for having a vacation in Miami. Have a look!
Real beach bums.
Miami is home to a lot of beaches that cater to everyone’s requirements. There is no shortage of beaches in the city, and each beach has its own specialty. It is one of the few destinations that offer sunshine and subtropical climate all year around. These beaches have golden and white sand that will be a true treat to your eyes. You will feel like standing in a tropical paradise while standing in front of the turquoise waters. Moreover, various beaches have a gym apparatus, and you can work out while enjoying the stunning weather. Beach bums will find beaches for each occasion, such as BBQ-ready, pet-friendly, and ones that host parties.
Also Read:- Place to visit in Kingston