If you have been posted or transferred by your company for work purposes overseas to Australia, or if you are aspiring to settle down and work in Australia, you need to possess a 189 visa Australia. Once you own this work visa, you can permanently live and work in Australia. If you are one, who requires a permanent resident work visa, you need to follow a set of rules. Firstly, you need to appear, complete and pass a skill test; and then you shall be either nominated by a state or central government or be sponsored by your employer or a member of your family. After reading the entire article, you will know how the independent Visa 189 functions and everything you should know before applying for the same.
Things to Remember Before Applying For Skilled Independent Visa 189
The first thing you should remember as a foreign-national skilled worker is that you need to sit for a skill test. If you complete and pass the skill test, you will hold the eligibility to register your name in Australia’s Skilled Occupations List. So, before applying for Skilled Independent Visa 189, you need to look out for certain things. They are:
- Thoroughly check if your occupation is registered in the Skilled Occupations List of Australia. Only if your occupation is there on the list, do you stand a chance to apply for the 189 skilled visa.
- Make sure that you match perfectly with all the eligibility criteria asked for.
- After that, you need to sit for another skill assessment where you are required to score certain points for becoming fully eligible for visa subclass 189.
- After that, you need to submit an Expression of Interest through the program of SkillSelect.
- Following this you need to find someone who will nominate you, either from your family or your employer; it will work wonders if you get the nomination of either the state or the central government.
- The one who sponsors or nominates you shall require to complete certain necessary legal paperwork. If you are from Adelaide migration agent can also provide you with all the help and guidance you require during this procedure.
- Once you are legally nominated or sponsored, you can easily apply online for a 189 visa Australia through the DHA.
- After applying for Visa subclass 189, you need to wait for months-long for your application to get processed and approved. It might sometimes take up to 3 months or even more for your application to process.
And finally, once the DHA has approved your visa application, you will receive your 189 skilled visa. After that, you can start working in Australia and stand the chance of becoming a permanent resident there.
Eligibility Criteria For Visa Subclass 189 Application
If you are in requirement of Visa 189, you need to fulfill certain criteria that will make you eligible for applying for visa subclass 189. Some of the eligibility criteria are:
- Since English is the language for communication, you need to have some of the basic understanding and skills of the language.
- You need to be less than fifty years of age; otherwise, your application might stand canceled.
- It would be best if you had proper character certificates as per the rules of the government of Australia.
- You are required to be fit and healthy, without any history of harmful or fatal health conditions.
- In the first place you should be free from all sorts of debts (if any) to the Government of Australia.
- You shall have the will to sign Australia’s Value Statement.
Mentioned above are certain basic eligibility criteria. You can easily fill in for the Skilled Independent Visa 189 application become a permanent resident of Australia and work as long as you desire.
How Will You Get Benefitted Out of Skilled Independent Visa 189?
If you have been willing to travel overseas and become a permanent resident of Australia, independent Visa 189 will provide you with the golden opportunity to do whatever you desire. With this 189 skilled visa, you and your family can avail all the benefits that a permanent resident of Australia gets. Some of the benefits are:
- You can travel to and from Australia whenever you desire or have the requirement to.
- You can live in Australia for your entire lifetime and work there as long as you please.
- In the first place, you also stand the chance of sponsoring any relatives of yours to become a permanent resident of Australia.
- Your children or even you stand the opportunity of pursuing any course of study in Australia.
- You can even apply for citizenship.
- You can enroll your entire family’s name in Australia’s state-run health care program.
How Much Will Skilled Independent Visa 189 Cost You?
Applying for Skilled Independent Visa 189 will cost you a lot, but your family, along with you, will stand the opportunity to become a permanent resident of Australia. The present cost for applying for visa subclass 189 is $4045. However, there will be additional costs if you add the names of other family members.
You can also log onto the website of the Australian Government – Department of Home Affairs to check the exact pricing of visa 189. Sometimes you also need to pay certain additional biometrics, health check-ups, or even police certificates. However, feel free to consult with the best migration agents in Adelaide regarding any doubts or queries. With their assistance, you will experience a completely hassle-free process until you receive your Visa subclass 189.
How Can You Apply For Skilled Independent Visa 189?
You need to understand and go through the application of 189 visa Australia in detail. Your visa application will take time to process according to your accurate data. The things that you are required to keep in handy are:
- Through SkillSelect, you are required to submit an Expression of Interest before you apply for Skilled Independent Visa 189.
- Keep all the documents together that are required for applying for visa 189.
- You need to register with your credentials and apply for your Visa online.
- Upload all the documents that are required.
- After completing the entire procedure, the visa agents will provide you with the official outcome of your skilled independent Visa 189.
Applicants above the age of 18 must demonstrate their ability to communicate in functional English. If you have a valid passport issued by the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, New Zealand, or the Republic of Ireland, you can demonstrate Functional English without taking an English test.
- Have completed all of their primary schooling and at least three years of secondary schooling at an educational institution in or outside of Australia, with all instruction in English.
- In the first place Have completed at least five years of secondary school in Australia.
- Or an international institution where all instruction give in English.
- Have completed at least one year of full-time or comparable part-time study at an Australian institution. Toward a degree, higher degree, diploma, or associate diploma, with all instructions in English.
If the opportunity to travel overseas to Australia has come to you. You need to possess a skilled independent visa 189. You can take the guidance of the best migration agents Adelaide, who will assist you throughout the entire procedure of obtaining your Visa. With this Visa, you will stand the chance of becoming a permanent resident of Australia. And in addition to it, you can also take your family along with you by applying for the same Visa. The best thing about visa 189 is you can also apply for and gain Australian citizenship.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does Visa Subclass 189 Take To Process?
189 visa processing time might differ depending on the accuracy of documents provided by you. However, if all the necessary documents supply correctly, you can get your Visa within three months.
How Much Cost Will Incur On Me For Visa Subclass 189?
You might be charge something around $2020 to $4045. Depending on the applicant’s age and other additional charges that are include within it. However, you can always check the prices for visas on the official website of the Government of Australia.