It’s a wonderful time to have a trip to Nelson Mandela’s Robben Island. We are all curious about historical events. If that information is available at hand then we have many more benefits. Today we will go directly to the real place of historical events and learn more details. This journey will be special for all of us. Come on, let’s all go straight to Nelson Mandela’s Robben Island.
Nelson Mandela’s Robben Island
How long does it take to go to Robben Island from Cape Town?
Important interesting facts about Nelson Mandela’s Robben Island
(1) Former Robben Island jail inmates have become presidents of South Africa.
(2) Robben Island is home to a wide range of bird species.
(3) In the past, mentally ill persons and lepers also housed there.
(4) A football league for island inmates used to exist.
(5) The name of the site of exile comes from the seals of Robben Island.
(6) On Robben Island, Nelson Mandela planted vegetables.
(7) Today, some of the island’s inmates work as tour guides.
Do people live on Robben Island? | Are there any residents at Robben Island?
Can you visit Robben Island on your own? | Can you drive to Robben Island? | Can you walk around Robben Island?
You won’t be able to go by yourself. The Robben Island Museum ticket must be purchased online. Along with the other private ferries, Robben Island Museum has its own two ferries – Susan Kruger and The Dias.
You can’t wander around the island on your own. There is a tour bus available. Each bus has a tourist guide who will tell you about the many locations on Robben Island as you go around.
Read Article –