If you’ve been trying to digitize your business and set up your own app based business services, then you must be stuck in the same spot that thousands before you have: Whether to build an app for your app from scratch or to simply opt for a ready made clone script?
It will be lies if I told you one way was better than the other. Every business comes with its own set of unique requirements and this one is no different. This is why, before you identify which option makes most sense for your business, you must weigh in the pros and cons of each of these. So, let us take both of them one by one and understand their key advantages and disadvantages.
Building an app from scratch
There are many advantages associated with building an app from the ground up. Let us look at some of the chief ones:
- Fulfills all custom requirements: Since the app is specifically being built for your company and its requirements, it is absolutely tailor made for you. Each feature that you would like to have is included and every aspect is carefully constructed to match your requirements.
- There is no generic symmetry: Since the design of the app is purely made for yours, you will not find any replication in the market or the possibility of generic symmetry.
- Working in Close Quarters with the development team: When you build an app from scratch, you work in close quarters with the development team which gives you access to the progress of the app in every stage.
Sadly, there are a few disadvantages too that come with building an app from scratch. They are:
- Time: An app as complex as that of an on demand nature usually takes about 18 to 24 months to take proper shape. After than the beta testing phase takes up about 6 months and even after you roll it out in the market, you can expect a cycle of Feedback, bug fixes, updates and modifications for another 6 months.
- Hiring Staff: You will have to hire a big team to support the development of the app. This will include an android app developer, an iOS app developer, a PHP developer, a team of content writers, App designers, website designers, Systems analysts, Data base analysts, Quality Assessment team, and project manager. Salaries for all of these profiles will likely cost a pretty penny based on their expertise.
- Infrastructure: You will have to purchase or rent the infrastructure needed to build the app.
- Real estate: You will likely also have to spend some money in renting out a space that you can establish as your development center.
- Technology Stack: Technology stack also costs a lot. If you really want your app to be relevant and up to business standards, you will have to make sure that you get the latest in technology which will not be cheap.
- App launch responsibility: While people don’t give this aspect much thought, it is very difficult to get an app to be launched on the Google Play Store and the iPhone App store. When you build the app yourself, you have to take complete responsibility of launching the app and deal with any and all the reasons for which the app may get rejected.
Choosing a Well established ready made clone script
This option has gained a lot of popularity in the last half a decade or so. As more and more people are coming to terms with the bundle of benefits that this option presents, smart entrepreneurs all over the world are opting for it.
The biggest advantage associated with this option lies in the fact that the app is already in a ready condition. These scripts are in ready condition and a reliable white label company takes about 4 to 5 business days to white label it with your logo and brand name to launch it on the app store.
Since the primary job of such a company is to build apps, they already have the wealth of an established and expert team of developers and other professionals who make building the app possible. Having been built by such a big team, the quality of the app is absolutely perfect.
What’s more, the app is based on the script of an original app that is already in use in the market. This makes sure that the flow of the app is tried and tested and that there is no post launch back and forth with respect to feedback and bug fixes required.
Another important thing to note is that you have to no longer be responsible for the launch of the app. Any company that is worth its salt will and should take the responsibility of getting the app launched in the Google play store and the iOS app store. They become completely responsible for launching the app and make sure that it is not rejected from the app stores owing to any technical reasons.
The only way to drive the profitability of your business is to use a ready made clone script for your business. While there are quite a few advantages associated with building an app from scratch in the broad spectrum of things, the downsides over shadow the upsides.
However, don’t go for just about any app clone. Ensure that the clone script you purchase is in fact built by a well established and reputed white label on demand mobile app development company with at least over half a decade’s worth of experience. You must take a free trial or demo of the app on road before actually making the purchase. It might also benefit you to see client testimonials of the company to establish its authenticity, genuineness and quality of service.