As the value of money falls and the cost of living goes up, having a side hustle often becomes more of a necessity. If you are a student, you are no stranger to the exorbitant tuition fees and other academic expenses. For all the homemakers out there, you too can now put bread on the table with an online part-time job while the pasta boils in the kitchen. Moreover, with the pandemic limiting us within the four walls of our homes, this is the best time to start earning online with a part-time job.
The best things about online jobs are that you get to work from the comfort of your home minus the waste of time in commute. All you need is a working internet connection and your laptop, and you will be good to go! And since the options listed below can be done part-time, you get to focus on the main goal while minting money in your free hours.
10 Online Part-Time Jobs with Rewarding Pay-checks
Regardless of your field of study – programming, STEM, business studies or linguistics – these online jobs are suitable for one and all. Give the segment below a read and select an option that suits your skill sets and fill your pockets. Get, set, go!
- Take up a Paid-to-Click job
How many times have you been annoyed at the recurring ads that flashed while playing an online game, cutting you abruptly? Now imagine getting paid for viewing advertisements! Yes, you read that right. This is your shot at making money from the annoying recurrence by taking up a part-time job with a PTC site. You can earn from $0.001 to $0.01 for every ad you watch for about 5 to 30 seconds.
- All you will need is your computer and a stable internet connection and a couple of hours per day to make money.
- The best part about this job option is that it is a no-brainer. So, you can easily do this on the side while focusing on your studies.
- Dedicate an hour every day, and you can earn around $200 – $400 every month without any investment.
- Get Paid for Answering Online Surveys
Most manufacturing organisations around the world spend millions of dollars on preliminary market research to understand people’s preferences and tastes. Now, most organisations do not bear the headache of conducting the survey themselves. Instead, they approach an online survey company for the job, who hire people from different communities worldwide for the surveys.
- All you need to do is create free accounts to register with survey companies.
- Your primary job duty would be to fill in online forms by completing your profiles with your lifestyle choices, profession, travel experience, etc.
- When your profile matches an online survey, you will get a chance to attend the survey.
- On completing the survey, you can earn up to $50 or more per survey.
- Work as a Part-Time Blogger
If you are a creative soul and have a knack for writing or creating engaging content, a part-time blogger’s job can be your calling. Blogging is a rage right now, and you can hop onto the bandwagon to share what you have in mind. Make sure to stick to your interests to create the most creative content that makes people read your blog and take the desired action. You can monetise your blog by selling your products online or displaying affiliate marketing products.
- To start, you will need a domain name, web hosting and some efficient WordPress themes and plugins.
- You can use a CMS platform like Blogger or WordPress to start a blog.
- Some of the best niches to write blogs for are education, tourism, tutorials, listicles, health and hygiene.
- Work as a Part-time Content Writer
Content marketing is riding the highest wave of success, and this is the ripe time to sail your boat on that tide. You can spend just two hours daily to write content for websites, blogs, online journals or magazines, and other media publications. If creativity is your forte, trust this part-time job to fill your pockets exponentially.
- You can sign up with freelancing portals and accept bids from digital marketing brands.
- Based on the quality of your writing, you can earn $1 to $10 for every blog or article of 1000 words.
- Start Affiliate Marketing Business Online
When it comes to online part-time jobs, affiliate marketing is the best option for easy earning in your leisure hours. What you have to do is promote and sell a product or service of another brand. For every successful sale, you will get a percentage of the revenue. The job can be rewarding only when you make the right choice. So, be careful while choosing the product or service. Based on that, determine your strategy to promote the product to get success. To be on the safe side, you can try your hand on the Amazon-based affiliate marketing business.
- You will need basic internet and blogging skills
- All you have to do is promote their link via blogging or email marketing.
- You can also use your social network accounts to promote and sell the product or service in question.
- Become an Online Tutor
If you do not want to do odd jobs and want to stay in the field you have specialised in, you can become a part-time online tutor and offer assignment help to younger students. Since the pandemic has changed the face of education, replacing traditional methods with e-learning, the demand for online tutors is on the rise.
- You can join academic portals like Khan Academy, Udemy and the likes.
- If you have prior teaching experience, that would be a competitive advantage.
- You can become an academic writer for portals that offer assignment help like Allessaywriter.com, Essayassignmenthelp.com.au.
- You can also offer consultancy services if you are a subject matter expert in your field.
- Get Paid to Read E-books
If you are a bibliophile, this is your chance to monetise your love for books. Can you imagine being paid to read books! Sounds too good to be true, right? There are several e-book websites that pay with Bitcoins for reading books on their website. Another great option is to sign up with sites that have audiobooks. If you have a clear baritone voice, you can read e-books out loud for the audiobook versions. You can earn more if you have elocution skills and can modulate your voice to fit different characters.
- Online Data Entry or Form Filling Jobs
This job is the simplest out there. All you need is to be well-versed with English and have a good typing speed. The only problem with this option is that there are several scamming websites that may not pay you after you have done the job. My advice is to avoid sites that ask for a fee before assigning you a project. Make sure to research about the site’s reputation thoroughly on Google for previous scams or complaints, if any. If you land up with a reliable website, you can earn around $200 every month by working for just an hour or two every day.
- Sell your Photos and Make Money
If you have a knack for photography and can create aesthetic storyboards, you can monetise images you have clicked by selling photos online. Sites like Fotolia, Shutterstock, and Istockphotos buy high-quality images of random things. You can also sell quality images of events to media houses as a freelance photographer and earn $150 – $300 per photo. The best thing about this option is that you will not have to dedicate fixed time to earn some fast money.
- Earn from YouTube Videos
You can upload quality videos to your YouTube channel and earn some fast bucks by monetising them with Google AdSense. Everyone uses YouTube, which is why getting clicks can be a cakewalk if you post engaging content. Whenever someone streams the video, you will get paid for every click by a viewer. The genres that earn the most are comedy, pranks, dancing, cooking, or educational tutorials. You can even create videos that dish out software and technology-related tips and tricks. Here is a guide to making your YouTube videos click.
In my oppinion part-time job like assignment help and e-book reading are a good option because you will learn alot and it may benifit in future.
It isn’t too late to start your side hustle and earn some extra money. With these easy work from home jobs, you can stay assured that it won’t affect your present job or studies at all. Having said that, beware of online scams. Do not run blindfolded into the trap of something malicious while searching for a job. Take time to research for reliable options that pay well. Here’s to a year of learning and earning. Cheers!
Author Bio: steven parker has a PhD in Linguistics and is a professor hailing from Australia. As a side hustle, she offers assignment help via the online academic brand essayassignmenthelp.com.au Swiss loves to read books and bake in her free time.