MS Outlook is a widely used and trusted email client. In today’s world, MS Outlook is used by many organizations and users for communication. But, just like other software and email clients, MS Outlook has also a few bugs. One of such bug faced by many users is Error code 0x80072f06.
This Error code 0x80072f06 is linked with the OST file. This error comes up when MS Outlook is not able to sync with the Exchange server. MS Outlook desktop-client stores information of users such as names, emails, calendars, tasks, etc. in Offline Address Book (OAB). Offline Address Book is like the Global Address List (GAL) of the Exchange server.
This error is faced by many users who migrated to the new version of the Exchange server. As a result, OAB is available at the server but not found by Outlook, due to this user become unable to download the OAB.
However, this error looks like this:
Reasons Behind The MS Outlook Error Code 0x80072f06
- Corruption or damage of the Windows system file.
- Irregular updates of Outlook Address Book (OAB).
- Some issues related to Exchange security certificates.
- Inappropriate installation of MST Outlook application.
Know-How To Fix MS Outlook Error Code 0x80072f06
In order to fix the error code 0x80072f06, one should go for a reliable and authentic solution to fix this error code. Here are some reliable methods to fix the MS Outlook error code 0x80072f06.
Method 1: By update or delete the existing Offline Address Book (OAB)
- To update OAB in Outlook 2007 and earlier version
- Go to Tools option.
- Select the Send/Receive option.
- Click on the Download Address Book button.
2. To update OAB in Outlook 2007 and earlier version
- Click on the Send/Receive tab.
- Select Send/Receive groups option.
- Now, Click on the Download Address Book button.
3. To delete the OAB file
- Go to the location of the OAB file.
OAB File Location: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
- Now, if you have multiple exchange server accounts, then you will find a separate folder for every account.
- Rename the OAB folder by adding an extension(.old) behind the folder.
- Open the OAB folder in MS Outlook and update the folder from the Update Folder option.
Method 2: By doing System Restore
The user might fix the error code 0x80072f06 by performing system restore. Now, to perform a system restore follow the below-mentioned ways.
- Open Control panel.
- Select the System option.
- Now, click on the System protection option.
- Select the System Restore option.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to perform system restore.
Method 3: By using SysTools OST Recovery
If you are unable to fix the error code 0x80072f06 using the upper-mentioned manual methods, then use a professional method to fix this error. Use SysTools Exchange OST Recovery to fix the error code 0x80072f06. This software is an ideal solution to remove corruption from OST file. This software has the ability to fix the corrupt/damaged OST file. This software is the best-rated software and has many features such as:
- This software can recover missing or deleted exchange server mailboxes from the OST files.
- This software can also recover large OST files.
- This software can fix any corruption related to the OST file.
- This software can recover OST file to PST, MSG, EML, PDF, etc.
- It can remove S/MIME and OpenPGP encryption from OST files.
Important Note: Read this to know how to Repair OST File Outlook 2019 / 2016 / 2013 / 2010 version.
In this blog, we have discussed the reasons behind the MS Outlook error code 0x80072f06. Additionally, we have also discussed the manual ways and one authentic way using OST Recovery to fix this error code. If you are not able to resolve the issue then, it is recommended to use an authentic way to fix this error.