Beard Wash: “Beard Fad” is here to stay ever, and more and more men are joining the bearded team. Beards were quite popular back then, are now and will continue in future also. However, in current times, awareness regarding maintaining proper beard care and grooming has increased, which was not the situation a few years back.
Beard does a lot – it enhances your personality, boosts confidence and makes you look good. But all that only comes true if you save no effort in keeping your beard clean, prim and proper and wash it regularly.
Washing the beard brings us to a product that has become quite popular to serve this purpose – yes, a Beard Wash. Beard wash have gained immense popularity now, with a rising number of men adopting one.
So, if you’re also thinking of getting a it for your beard, here’s what you need to look upon.
What is a Beard Wash?
it is made to give hydration and nourishment to the beard. One of the most crucial grooming essentials that every man must have – a beard wash ensures that facial hair and skin remains moisturized after using it.
It is prepared by keeping the beard texture and beard skin in mind. Every brand makes a beard wash using different ingredients, giving it a unique appearance, but in the end, all are made to provide beard care and maximize beard wash benefits.
Beard Wash Shampoo Vs Regular Shampoo
Many consider using regular shampoo on the beard will make no difference to the beard hair. However, it does make a difference and that too in a negative manner. Since the hair type and texture of your beard hair and head hair is different, by no means you should use the same shampoo on both kinds of hair.
Moreover, your head hair remains less exposed to pollutants, food crumbs and dust compared to beard hair, and so for many such reasons, your beard needs special beard wash. Regular hair shampoo contains harsh chemicals that strip off the natural oils from your beard, leaving you with dry, itchy and flaky beard skin plus split-ends or bald patches.
As the beard is on the face and skin there is more sensitive compared to other body parts – your beard hair is also more delicate and prone to breakage than head hair. Beard shampoos are specifically formulated using natural essential oils and do not include any harmful chemicals that strip away the natural oils from your beard.
Thus, a beard wash hydrates, cleanses and nourishes your beard, removes excess oil, imparts freshness and a good smell to the beard. It prevents dandruff, itchiness and gives you a shiny, healthy and soft beard.
Why Should You Use It?
One can easily make out unwashed hair, as they look oily and greasy. As your hair scalp produces much more natural oil than your face, your head hair becomes oily quite faster. So, regular hair shampoo is perfect as they it is made to remove excess oil from your hair.
Besides that, your beard hair possesses a rough & thicker texture, and it may dry faster. So, it requires more oil to look good compared to your head hair, so a beard wash shampoo is something you need as it does not strip natural oil and does not dry the beard. Not using it would make the beard dry, itchy and prone to dandruff and irritation.
Benefits of Using a Beard Wash:
- Beard hair is thick and thick hair catches bacteria leading to skin infections and irritation. So, using a beard wash would prevent and reduce the risk of getting infection and irritation by deep cleansing the beard.
- Beard wash prevents itchiness because one of the main reasons for an itchy beard is an unwashed beard. When you clean your beard every day with a beard shampoo, itchiness won’t be an issue.
- Beard shampoo is made to make facial hair more soft, smooth and healthy, so styling your beard becomes pretty easy if you have a habit of using a beard shampoo.
- Your beard is close to your mouth, so everything from dust, dirt, food to fluids get stuck in the beard hair almost every day. This can sometimes impart an unpleasant odour from your beard, so a regular cleansing from a beard wash helps clean the beard and give a great smell is a must.
- Beard wash also removes dead skin cells from your beard, reduces hair loss, promotes hair growth, adds shine and rejuvenates facial skin.
How to Use a Beard Wash?
Using a beard wash shampoo is quite similar to using a regular shampoo, here’s how you do it:
- Take a small amount of beard wash in the palm of your hands and lather it well evenly on both palms.
- Next, apply the it on the beard thoroughly and massage the beard for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water and then pat dry using a towel.
How Often Should You Use It?
This question is quite a popular one. Ideally, you do not require to wash your beard every single day. Washing your beard every day could strip off the natural oils from the beard and lead to dryness, beard itching and dandruff. So, washing the beard around twice or thrice a week goes well.
However, the exact times you need to wash your beard would vary depending upon few factors like:
- If your skin is oily, washing your beard almost every alternate day is a must to prevent excessive oil build-up. On the contrary, if you have dry skin, do not wash your beard more than twice a week because every day washing would lead to dry and flaky skin.
- For a thick beard, you should consider washing two times a week as thicker beards dry faster and have coarse hair.
- For a thinner beard, frequent washing would go as it will make your beard look full and healthy.
- Depending on the weather, you should modify your beard washing routine. If it’s too humid, wash more frequently, like thrice a week. In winter, the skin gets drier, so choose to go for beard washing twice a week.
- If you have a lifestyle that requires more physical activity and working outdoors, you should prefer washing the beard every alternate day because sweat and oil flow coming out of the skin can cause clogging of pores.
All in all, washing your beard based on your skin type is essential. Not just, beard washing helps you get a soft, good-smelling and fuller beard, but it prevents skin problems like unpleasant odour, itchiness, ingrown hair and clogged pores.
If you’re looking for a great beard wash, check out coffee beans, aloe vera & tea-tree oil-enriched beard wash that hydrates, nourishes, protects the beard, promotes hair growth, rejuvenates facial skin, remove dead skin cells, unclog pores and does a lot more.
What Happens When You Don’t Wash Your Beard?
When you skip washing your beard regularly, your beard and skin do not get the much-needed hydration and care, causing beard dandruff. With a beard shampoo, you can prevent dandruff on the beard since it provides hydration and nourishment to the beard without removing the natural oils from the facial skin.
Your unwashed beard gathers the smell of the build-up absorbed from outside into the beard, which brings us to the issue of bad odour. So, dirt, dust and pollution make their way to the beard if you work outdoors, thus leading to an unpleasant odour. Using a beard shampoo would avoid undesirable stinking.
Additionally, if you have an issue of getting seasonal allergies, then you would be sneezing and sniffling all day if your beard would have attracted allergens and pollens and you would be avoiding washing the beard. Also, skipping showers for a day or so can lead to dehydration and filth in your beard.
How to Buy the Best Beard Wash?
For buying the best beard wash, you need to check the ingredients list. A good-quality beard wash should contain natural ingredients and essential oils. Here are some ingredients you can look for when buying a it:
- Essential oils are best to hydrate, nourish and soothe skin. So, you can consider getting a beard wash that includes argan oil, jojoba oil, tea tree oil etc.
- Aloe vera has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that keep the scalp healthy, clean and dandruff-free. It also includes powerful ingredients that repair dead skin cells and makes beard hair all smooth and shiny.
- Vitamins that are helpful to repair weak beard hair.
- Coffee beans promote hair growth, strengthen hair roots and prevent hair loss.
There are many other wonderful ingredients you can look for while purchasing a beard wash. However, when you’re looking for a beard wash, do not fail to see whether there are brands like The Men’s Lab that makes safe, vegan, cruelty-free and paraben & SLS free products.
Now that you know the significance of using a it; do not use any other product on your beard.