Struggle with weak Wi-Fi signals is real. The problem can be really annoying when you are up to something important, but the website keeps loading and loading. But, Netgear offers Netgear Extender Setup to all internet users to fix these kinds of issues. As the name suggests, Netgear Extender is a repeater that repeats the signals from an ISP router. So, the only thing you are required to do is install the setup, but if you don’t know how to do it, just don’t worry.
Netgear is a name that is synonymous with an established brand that is famous for selling its range of products needed to build an internet setup for WiFi or LAN mode. The company is responsible for providing online support so that the smooth working of these devices can be made sure of. The network of all the executives has been done location-wise. So you can be assured that whenever you have any issues, you will get immediate help. This guide is for you.
You can set up your Netgear Router in two ways-
- With WPS button
- Through web browser
You can choose any of these installation methods, but the WPS method is more secure than the web browser method. However, the WPS method can be a little tricky. On the other hand, the web browser method is simple. So, you can select the method to set up the Extender setup as per your preference.
Install the Netgear Extender Setup with the help of the WPS button-
Firstly, you have to locate the WPS button on your ISP router and extender. Depending upon the different models, you can find the button on any of the side panels of the extender labeled as WPS. Thus, after locating the button, follow these steps to set up your extender-
- Foremost, plug your Netgear Extender device into a wall jack and turn the Power button on.
- After that, press the extender WPS button and wait for the WPS LED to turn on.
- Then within ten seconds, also press the WPS button on the router.
- Next, check if the Router Link LEDon the extender turns green.
- Now, open your laptop, desktop, or mobile device and go to the Wi-Fi manager.
- First, look for the extender network. You can identify the extender network with _EXT
- Then, connect to the extender network using the exact login details of the router network.
- Subsequently, check for the Device Link LED on the extender to turn on green.
- After that, unplug the router and move it to the location where you want the optimal Wi-Fi connection. But, make sure that the extender stays in the main router’s network range.
Lastly, plug in the extender again. The Power, Router, and Device link LEDs must turn green to finalize the setup.
Set up the Netgear Extender with the help of the web browser-
You can use any of your mobile, laptop, or desktop devices to open the web browser. But it would help if you have a good Wi-Fi connection between the extender and your device. So, make sure that your device stays in the extender network. To begin with, plugin the extender into a power socket. After that, follow these steps to install the extender-
- Firstly wait for the Power LED to blink solid green.
- Secondly, open your device and go to the Wi-Fi manager to find the extender network.
- Next, look for the extender network with _EXT extension.
- Now, you can connect the device to the extender network.
- Then, open a web browser on the device and type mywifiext.com to go to the login page. However, you can also use the 192.168.0.1 IP address to direct to the page.
- After that, enter your default login details to sign in to the admin portal.
- On the next page, click on the New Extender Setup.
- Afterward, fill in the details in all the required fields and click on the Next.
- Following this, select the Wi-Fi network you want to extend and click on the Next.
- Now, enter the password for the selected network and again click on the Next.
- Set the name and also the password for your new extender network and save the settings.
- After that, connect your device to the new extender network and wait for confirmation.
- Lastly, plug out the extender from the power socket and move it to your desired location. Choose the place where you need a good Wi-Fi connection. But, ensure that the extender must stay in the network range which you want to expand.
- Plugin the extender again and wait for the Power Link, Router Link, and Device Link LED to blink green. However, if any LED is red or amber, try to move the device closer to each other until it becomes green.
Netgear Genie and Netgear Nighthawk–
You can also choose the Netgear Genie method to set up your router if you face any issue in the WPS or browser method. However, some devices don’t support Netgear Genie, so in that case, you can try the Netgear Nighthawk app. The Nighthawk app is easy to use and monitor. Also, you can easily download the Netgear Nighthawk app from any app store.
An alternative way to connect the extender to a device or router-
If your device doesn’t support WPS or you have issues connecting your devices through Wi-Fi, you can also choose an ethernet cable to connect your devices. You can connect the extender and router with an ethernet cable easily. Similarly, you can connect the extender and your laptop or desktop device with the cable. Follow these steps to connect the extender and the router with an ethernet cable-
- First, pick one end of the ethernet cable and insert it into the router’s ethernet port.
- Then, insert another end of the cable in the router’s ethernet port to connect the devices.
You can also repeat this process to connect your laptop or computer device to the extender. Also, the internet connection is much more stable when using an ethernet cable than the Wi-Fi connection. In addition, this method is secure and fast for data routing.
Netgear Default IP Address
You will require the NETGEAR Default IP Address to be ready to access the extender configuration page. it’s a big part to play within the Extender Setup process. Without the NETGEAR Default IP Address, you’d not be ready to access the admin interface of the extender. Most users plan to install the NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender Setup in their homes and therefore the office.
This is often because the NETGEAR offers various advanced range extenders. Thus, you’ll also do an equivalent and have an excellent experience with high-speed internet technology. Netgear may be a name that’s synonymous with a longtime brand that’s famous for selling its range of products needed to create an online setup for WiFi or LAN mode.
By following the instructions given in this guide, you can easily install the Netgear Extender on any existing network. But if you face any error with the connecting devices, you can try turning the power on and off the extender. Then, reconnect the devices to each other. This method can fix most of the issues with the installation. However, if the error continues, address your concerns to Netgear Extender support for the solutions.